• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Jakatastan - First Peek

blunder

zROF-HEAD-2.jpg?psid=1

32. Jakatastan - First Peek

Welcome back everyone! I know it's been over a month since the last update, but life has been busy and my free time has been spent on other projects (like the occasional map you may have seen popping up on the stex). But today we break ground on a city in one of the new expansions to the Ring of Fire.

(reminder: PLEASE CLICK IMAGES IF YOU WANT TO VIEW IN FULL RESOLUTION! ~Thanks.)

00. Here's a bunch of farmland. But ignore it, because we're jumping up to where that bridge is in the top of the image. ;)

04%20quilt.jpg?psid=1

01. An island in the Kamchatskiy River:

03%20summer.jpg?psid=1

02. Same island in fall.

04%20fall.jpg?psid=1

03. Some of the newer residential projects.

05%20med%20blocks.jpg?psid=1

04. A shrine park.

06%20park.jpg?psid=1

05. Across the street a small cemetary.

07%20cemetary.jpg?psid=1

06. Finally getting to play with some of the new toys.

08%20new%20stuff.jpg?psid=1

07. And sit them next to some of the old toys.

09%20industry.jpg?psid=1

08. The night shift.

11%20night%20shift.jpg?psid=1

09. The local highway.

10%20transit.jpg?psid=1

10. A park along one of the many sloughs

13%20summer%20park.jpg?psid=1

11. Same in fall.

14%20fall%20park.jpg?psid=1

12. A plaza.

15%20plaza.jpg?psid=1

13. And at night.

16%20night%20plaza.jpg?psid=1

And that's all for this update. Again, things are busy so i don't know when the next one will come, but at any rate I hope you enjoyed this update!

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

Again, sorry for the delay in updates which delays your replies.

@NMUSpidey: Thank you, sir. That's why i picked them: this kamchatka map for large cities in the flat and the deschutes map for MMP work.

@Towerdude, Evillions, Amthaak, paulmc: Thanks guys! Flora is what i love doing in sc4.

@simul8ter8, gugu3, kakado_to_save: Thanks very much folks!

@westy177: SC4 does not demand much from your computer. Mine is mediocre at best so i'm sure you can probably do it too.

@wubbat: MOAR!

@shanemelbourne: Thanks, but it really doesn't take too long once you get it down. That trail and stuff in the last update only took a couple of hours.

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

Fall is my favorite season. Not only is the weather fantastic, not only do the trees come alive with color, but football starts up, too! Anyways, you consistently do great work. Whether it takes a month or a week, I'll be back to check out the pics. 5/5!

Share this comment

Wow, that looks awesome. The dock looks amazing!

What trees do you use? And do you have to change them for the fall colours yourself or do they do it themselves?

Share this comment

You have a beautiful CJ here. Just wanted to say that. :) Very great use of custom content, and the farms look amazing. Oh, and great foliage choice! The forests look very realistic.

Share this comment

Update: I've red through the rest of this cj. Something I haven't done for a while since I've gotten out of sc4. I just love it. The Mt. Fugi trail you did near the beginning perfectly shows a mountain trail, one like so many others I've climbed. It's something I've always wanted to do in one of my cj's but never got around to it.

In short, amazing cj. It's such a great one. I'll try and remember as often as possible to come and re-visit this thing. ;)

Share this comment

Excellent! Just two questions:
1. Where did you get those apartment blocks?
2. How did you made cars appear in the RHWs? I've been building some in my city but there isn't any cars on it for some reason.

Share this comment