• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Natural Beauty

SimCoug

New SorGun Masthead.jpg

Update 1
Natural Beauty

A few undaunted explorers had mapped bits and pieces of the surrounding terrain in the past, but by and large the terrain has been untouched by man.
59667edc86520_Update1-PartialRegionview.jpg.b5a0d445a4540d8c5bad150a6c3e7131.jpg

The first description of the area in writing was by a man in the Hudson’s Bay Company. From a journal entry dated August 5, 1833. “The bay is wide and large, protected to the west by a large Island, and framed to the east by a towering mountain.”
59667ef41ccfe_Update1-Mt.Blunder.jpg.85d206ba3c49e6321d325017ddc0d76f.jpg

“A number of streams feed the main river, which empties into the bay.”
Update 1 - Creek.jpg

“Tide pools and rocky beaches are everywhere to be seen, providing ample supplies of fish, clams, crabs and other sea life.”
59667f4337e5b_Update1-Tidepools.jpg.8b01a2404a497f717379c684e4a79ceb.jpg

“Beyond the beaches lie forests with enough timber to supply all the navies of the world.”
59667f531fc28_Update1-EvergreenForests.jpg.e0f600bac825af9a8f1642664638914b.jpg

“The south side of the river appears to be inhabited by a tribe of Indians, of whom we saw a party along the coast.”
59667f6bbc35f_Update1-Indianparty.jpg.d4adfdadac4391c6f40d85288986b6d1.jpg

With little knowledge about their surroundings, and completely cut off from civilization, the party of 24 American pioneers set out to build a new life. With only the sweat of hard labor and their quick wits to rely on, destiny was in their hands.
59667fea7f716_Update1-landingpartycopy.jpg.3ef8b9ad8219fe7694e0b6ff828b5fb7.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, and I’d be grateful to hear your feedback.

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

Haha, thanks @CT14.  It's kind of strange to go back through the first entry - I wasn't really sure what I was getting myself into.  I do remember spending days learning how to make my first MMP (the Indian huts, the white tents and large rowing boats - man, those look a tad out of scale).  I would probably never have gotten them to work without the great helpers over at SimPeg (RIP).  @paeng , @blunder and the others were a wealth of information and way to willing to help a newbie like me out.  The MMP'd stream turned out really well - even better than I was expecting.  I definitely remember studying Blunder's tutorial on creating a mountain stream... I wish I remember the name of the tutorial series he did, but unfortunately it was all lost in the SimPeg explosion.  :cry:

I'll try and make some comments here and there as I go back through and get New SorGun back up and running.  :yes:

Share this comment

10 hours ago, blunder said:

@SimCoug you mean: ...

Totally!  I had that bookmarked at SimPeg... I guess I should have realized you had it over here too.  Glad to know that there is a backup of sorts :)

10 hours ago, blunder said:

Gosh..... it's been ..... it doesn't feel like that long :(

Crazy right?  half a decade! 

Share this comment