JohnnyBGoode

Introduce Yourself Here!

4,206 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

hi guys!

I''m very bored at home doing nothing...

Just wondered how many people post here, what you all do, and where you''re all from...?

I''ll start:

I am 28, working as a freelance web-computer programmer/producer. currently i am waiting for a job reply at local cable tv station here in singapore. i like action, rpg and simulation games (airplanes and Sims).

_fcksavedurl=

faisal@johnnybgoode

ok well howdy I am 24 (25 in Feb), married with 9 month old daughter, live in Florida ... I am working at a local hardware store but build/repair computers on the side. I like Simulation games and driving games such as Driver, Gran Turismo, Destruction Derby.. basically realistic or wreck 'em driving games.... movie-wise i like sci-fi and action

Hi All--

I think it's a good idea for us die-hards to get to know each other better.

I am djangosmom because django is one of 6 cats living here. DJ is neurotic(no joke) and follows me everywhere, so I became his mom. I'm 51, married to a great guy and we have an 11 year old daughter who is better on the Playstation 2 than you would believe. I love RPG's, strategy, and sim games even though I don't get as much time to play them as I would like. I live in Hinsdale, MA which is in western MA.

The other thing I really like is this site. People act like mature humans and accept you as you are. Keep the know-it-alls at bay!!!

djangosmom24.gif24.gif

Hello from Texas!

I'm a 42 year old object engineer (software developer working with databases). My other computer interests are simulations (obviously!) and 3D graphics. The latter is just a hobby, using POV-Ray mostly.

When I'm not in front of a computer I am at the cinema or watching one of the videos in my Doctor Who collection. Or at a stadium -- baseball, hockey, whatever, I like them all.

- Robert

Hi

I'm in my early 50s (Early middle age, IMHO), live in Perth, Western Australia, and work in the labour movement - 4 kids from 14 to 27. Being a relatively mature type, some of my favourite games are of an earlier era. I used to be a COBOL programmer in the early 70s, and the first computer game I ever played was a text-based golf game, written by my programming lecturer - we played it, if we were lucky, on the only on-line terminal attached to a massive CDC3000, IIRC - and we thought it was terrific! (Of course, all of our programmes were coded and input using punched cards, so turnaround was not exactly fast!) My first home computer was a Spectravideo 32, I think, with a form of Basic on it which was great fun. Then graduated to a Commodore 128 (such power!!!) before moving on to PCs! Favourite game of all time was probably "Impossible Mission" on the C64 - we (the kids and me) wore through several joysticks on that! Also Elite, Super Cycle, Silent Service, Jumpman, and World Class Leaderboard (remember???), all on the C64, and Warcraft 2, in particular, C&C (especially Red Alert), all the Sim Cities (Especially 2000) and, of course, my thesis for 2002, SimGolf!!
Not forgetting the Age of Empires series and the Caesar series! God - where did I find the time.

The interesting thing is that I have discovered that I have become as addicted to this forum as to the games! I was quite bereft when it went down for 2 days!!!

I live in Tampa Bay Area, Florida, USA. I'm 26 yrs old and have been married for 8 years. (Anniversary is next week!) I'm a Network Computer Operator.

I didn't own a computer until 4 years ago. I was in the U.S. Marines at the time. I had little experience with computers other than a year of Apple Basic in High School, which I didn't think much of. After seeing a friend play StarCraft, I went to the library with my wife to look up some information on the internet and found out that there was so much interesting stuff online.

I've recently gotten more involved in computers and now I have two at home with a router for simultainious internet access or to play StarCraft via LAN. I've created my own website using HTML which I learned from various websites and books, and now I've decided to go into programming. I'm currently studying Java at St. Petersburg College.

My gaming interests vary from simulation to platform action to racing and fighting. I've been a fan of SimCity since playing it on the SNES. I also love playing StarCraft with my brother and friends. I collect board games too, often prefering games that are imported from Germany and ones that we refer to as "German" or "Designer" games.

Hiya Guys,

The names woody - I live and work in Coventry, England. I am a it manager and also work for good old blockbuster.

I enjoy all games (nearly every genre) on both PC & PS2
11.gif

Hi
I am 33 years old. I live and work in and around London in Advertising.

I have a wonderful partner and we have a gorgeous 2 year daughter.

Live playing golf in real-life. But computer-wise I am into games about golf, racing simulations (F1GP - Geoff Crammond series) and certain Sim games. I run the simgolfer.co.uk website.
Like Simjez I can remember a lot of the older games, although I don't go back as far. ( It's nice to know someone who actually met Charles Babbage 3.gif ).
LeaderBoard was a world class game and shooting/disabling the robots on impossible mission was great fun IIRC. I played Chuckie Egg on the Spectrum endlessly, but would have to say that Pirates! on the C64 was my all time favourite game. If only they could bring that into the 21st century successfully. I would never leave the house again. 2.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 5:13:07 AM Hodges wrote:

It's nice to know someone who actually
met
Charles Babbage
3.gif
----------------

TVM, Hodges!
6.gif
Mind you, it's hard to believe that it is over 130 years since he died - there was a man ahead of his time if ever there was one. 9.gif

I am 24 Physics major completing my B.S. at CSU Fullerton in Southern California. Been married for a little over a year, no kids yet. I started on the Sim series with Sim City Classic for SNES (didn't have a computer way back then.) Been a Sim City fan ever since. I also like RTS games and RPG games. I have been very impressed with this site since I first discovered it 2 weeks ago.

Hi Everyone!

I am a 37 year old married Canadian man (originally from Ottawa, Ontario) but now living in Stockholm, Sweden. Hodges....I remember and loved the C64 Pirates game!!! It was so cool. The closest thing to it that is out now is Cutthroats! but it still isn't Pirates.

I just moved to Sweden last year so I am currently a teacher here.

Gee... I have to print this page and show it to my girlfriend. She keeps saying that I am a freak to play computer games at 33 years old. But i resist! :)

So, I am a copywriter in an ad agency in Romania, Europe - I think some of you wouldn't know where this is. Anyway, I also work as a web editor for the Cosmopolitan romanian web site (if you're bored you can always take a peak on www.cosmopolitan.ro - not that you'll understand anything but just to check it out).

Games. I played all the sims. The game that made me buy my first PC was the Sim City and that was also the first strategy game I ever played after supaplex and doom and duke nukem - all first versions of course. I also played sim ants, sim farm, sim city 2000, sim city 3000 and the sims too. I am a maxis fan but I also love AOE and Unreal, Counter Strike - they rule at multyplayer. 10.gif

I might as well chime in here,

I'm 38 and live in Stafford, Virginia. I work as a system engineer for Northrop Grumman. I love reading science fiction (when I'm not on the computer). I enjoy RPG's, some RTS, and first person shooters (currently playing the Getaway on the PS2 when I'm not doing Animal Crossing on the Gamecube or playing Simcity-4 on the computer). I'm an avid gamer and I'm single, which gives me alot of time to play my games. Only drawback is that sometimes I'll take a day off to play a new game that comes out....

----------------

On 1/30/2003 4:40:35 AM woody wrote:

Hiya Guys,

The names woody - I live and work in Coventry, England. I am a it manager and also work for good old blockbuster.

I enjoy all games (nearly every genre) on both PC & PS2

11.gif

----------------

Hey Blockbuster manager! What is the deal with Blockbuster not carrying any widescreen formats of new movies! 6.gif22.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 10:37:48 AM dirk wrote:

Hey Blockbuster manager! What is the deal with Blockbuster not carrying any
widescreen
formats of new movies!
6.gif22.gif
----------------

Never miss a chance, eh Dirk??

Mind you, it may be that English Blockbuster stores don't have the same restriction as Canadian ones? I suspect it's actually an American thing - based on the assumption that narrow screens go with narrow minds!3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif
/me ducks the flames as they fly!!2.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 10:45:16 AM Screwballl wrote:

good to see that we have young and old alike all in one big ball of simhappiness
:)

----------------

??? Haven't seen any old folk around here yet - have you???

12.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 10:47:29 AM simjez wrote:

Mind you, it may be that English Blockbuster stores don't have the same restriction as Canadian ones? I suspect it's actually an American thing - based on the assumption that narrow screens go with narrow minds!
3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif
/me ducks the flames as they fly!!
2.gif

----------------

21.gif
You can duck, just watch out for their pre-emptive non-aggression!

On 1/30/2003 11:16:11 AM dirk wrote:
----------------21.gif
You can duck, just watch out for their pre-emptive non-aggression!

----------------

LOL - Now just remind me again - that's like getting shot because I didn't put my hands up BEFORE you told me to, isn't it????24.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 11:08:22 AM rybolton wrote:

And all this time I thought I was making a positive impression of Americans to all of my international friends.

----------------

Oh dear, Ryan - it's not YOUR fault - it's just that we think of you as the exception rather than the rule!! After all, you are extraordinarily polite to us, not like that brash Mr Bush at all!!!2.gif

Hey Screwball--

The really cool thing about being an "old" gamer is the fun I have embarrassing the HE__out of my daughter every time we go to Electronics Boutique!!2.gif She goes to the oppisite end of the store and tries to make believe she's not with me!!22.gif22.gif21.gif21.gif21.gif22.gif22.gif