9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

This is from my city "Simtropolis" from a game called Designer city (available on the playstore and appstore).

It's summer now, and what better place to be other than the beach?

• Original Poster
  • Here's the old town part my city:

Right next to it, some villas and commercial zones, and pedestrian mall streets.

• Original Poster
  • This is the military base of my city, Simtropolis from the game Designer city (mobile city building game).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kotcity
        KotCity 0.46

Windows/Mac/Linux builds now available at https://github.com/kotcity/kotcity/releases/tag/0.46

Source code available at https://github.com/kotcity/kotcity
        Problems? Ideas? Chat with the devs at: https://gitter.im/kotcity/Lobby
        Current status: source available, game is pre-alpha but already "does something".
        After many years of not seeing any new city builders descend that are satisfactory, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Why? SimCity 2013 was REALLY disappointing. Cities Skylines is fun... but it doesn't seem to scratch that itch that SimCity 4 does. Even though there are still patches and new content coming out for SimCity 4, it's definitely on life support. I looked around at a few of the city simulators available but it doesn't seem like anyone is really working on a modern version of SimCity. The few recent city simulators I've seen break down like this:
        Cities Skylines: Probably the king, but doesn't seem to be a city simulator. I have lots of fun with roads and so forth but something is missing. SimCity (2013): YECH! They really goofed this up... between emphasis on online multiplayer and agent based everything it seemed to really stink. Citybound: Looks interesting but a couple of years on and there's not much to show... Banished: Pretty interesting, but I don't like the setting and development seems to be pretty much done. OpenSC2k: Good start but not much more than a map viewer right now. (also relies on "borrowed" assets from the original game) To a certain extent, I think that the departure of statistics-based simulator and the shift to agent-based simulations has fundamentally changed modern city simulators.
        Conclusion: Make my own!
        So... after doing a bunch of research on SimCity, SimCity 2000, SimCity 4, urban dynamics, Will Wright, pathfinding, etc. etc. etc. I have the beginnings of a new city simulator!
        My rough plan is to hit somewhere between SimCity (1989) and SimCity 2000. I want huge maps, accurate traffic simulator, cross platform play, and a moddable game. Eventually, if the game works and people like it, it'd be great to further develop it and become a viable alternative to SimCity 4.
        The game is written in Kotlin and is fully supported on Windows, MacOS and Linux. It's open source and will be free for the community.
        See https://github.com/kotcity/kotcity/wiki/Roadmap
        Would love to hear thoughts, comments, complaints... want to chip in? Join the project on GitHub! Don't want to do anything? Hang around and we will eventually release!
      • By chfzdn
        February 2016 is my month to join a Minecraft server, Azalel Nation. Yes, it's an Indonesian server with good uptime (~90%). In my first days, players are nice and friendly to me. But, after I give some gameplay advices, some players becoming hate to me. It sounds crazy but it isn't all true, because I almost spam (but I never committed spam intentionally) the chat. This is becoming stronger as I'm applying as a helper in the server. Yes, unlike Simtropolis etc, they are "democratic" so recruit players using an application (the reason I quoted democratic because they don't have voting, they only selected by the owner/co-owner with some opinions and considerations). And, my first app is failed due to some reasons:
        I don't have vision to be a staff My behavior is commented by others My "flying time" (active time) is little Bad time management I'm not giving up. But, because I'm had childish behavior (some of this is remained in this day) or the community nature, I am becoming kind of angry when criticized by one of the staff, @SiKece (this may not a valid mention in Simtropolis) and created a topic called Pertimbangan Kembali (Reconsideration) around the site recovery (the site hacked in August 2016 and Sladey becoming webmaster to switch to new instance). The topic becoming hot and locked by the webmaster (@Sladey) After that, I created another topic named Disclaimer. Of course, the topic is created to disclaim staff opinions. Again, the topic becoming hot and staffs giving their opinions. The topic is closed again by @SiKece. But, I don't give up, again. In late 2016, I created a new application with updated info but it's blacklisted without any reason, maybe due to my topics. Again, I created a new app on December 2016, but it's rejected due to my staff app blacklist. In the end, I had given trial as a helper by @Silver750 (co-owner) for 30 days. But, due to reasons, my trial is failed. I created a new app but rejected due to "after the trial". After that, I becoming hated and I becoming disturbed by them, for instance, my avatar is vandalized by a member. So, in late 2017, I'm considered to change my active ID to other but rejected. After that, I'm fled from the community to ST and SC4D. Of course, my situation becoming better. I experienced (till this day) a good and not childish staff.
        Lessons: don't give unnecessary advices, better to be efficient but transparent, good time management and recommended to not use your real avatar on forums, especially undemocratic ones.
        You can access my profile for proofs. Don't forget to be translated by Google Translate or Indonesian forum users.
      • By AndisArt
        AndisArt presents:
        Modern HD Car Props
        This prop pack adds modern cars to your game as props (not as functioning automata/driving cars).
        There are 10 different vehicles with different colorings, totalling 30 variants. All models were rendered in HD, also know as Zoom 6.
        Vehicle models:
        ⦁    Audi Concept Car
        ⦁    Audi Roadster
        ⦁    Audi TT
        ⦁    VW Beetle
        ⦁    Futuristic Bike
        ⦁    Citroen C4
        ⦁    Mazda MX5
        ⦁    Nissan 350Z
        ⦁    Smart
        ⦁    VW Touareg
        The props can be used individually or as a prop family. Item names start with "AndisArt_PROP_carpack", followed by the model name and color. Prop family ID is 0A341980.
        There is a test lot that can be found in the landmark menu for an overview of all models.
        Extract the whole folder and copy it to your SimCity 4 Plugins folder (usually MyDocuments/SimCity 4/Plugins).
        You can now use the models in the Lot Editor or with any download that has this file as a dependency.
        The test lot is an individual file and can be deleted if not required.
        (File:  AndisArt_PROP_carpack_testlot_67ba0db8.SC4Lot)  
        Model credit: Cadnav
      • By Googlefluff
        I was bored, so I decided to finally get this idea out of my head. It's partially inspired by Transport Fever, specifically the way it handles train trancks. In that game, tracks are laid one at a time, with new tracks snapping to adjacent ones. I thought, why not do the same with lanes of a road? So here's what I ended up with. Note that I have no experience with game design or programming whatsoever so I have no idea if any of this is even technically feasable, it's just something that would exist in my perfect city-builder. I'd love to hear any comments or questions, and let me know if there's anything I'm missing!

You may have to right click --> view image if the text is too small.