GC_Vos

Content Creator Pack: High-Tech Buildings

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Thank you! I will continue to make assets I just want to make sure any issues are fixed with this release. (Many were already fixed during QA but you never know.)

These look cool! Just grabbed it and looking forward to using them. :D  Love the style and ty for the extra screenshots! Whoever picks the ones for Steam doesn't always pick some that show of the buildings. ;) 

Congratulations! I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not going to get it because it doesn't fit the style of my cities. But I'm happy to see things like this being done! Maybe one day there will be the right one for me :P Hope it sells well!

• Original Poster
  • Thanks @boformer for the screenshots!

@Kaschperl I'm sure there will be more packs in the future, maybe there will be something for you at some point. :)

@Avanya Thank you, I sent some of my own screens to Paradox but they are a bit busy atm with all the DLCs coming out on the same day, maybe the will still update the ones on Steam...

i got it with the ND update also.  they LOOK GREAT, have been wanting a shuttle launch site for awhile no good/recent ones on the workshop.  some don't fit my current city, but with these and quad's a futuristic only city may be in the near future along side the "realistic" one i'm going for now.

Thank you for creating such beautiful assets! Congratulations for them being made into an official (paid) DLC! Once I start playing Cities: Skylines again, I will be sure to combine your DLC with Quad's assets (and others) in my city.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks everyone! Neither Paradox nor me expected the DLC to be so well received! A 100% positive rating on Steam is just wow! There should be another patch fixing some minor issues with the next game update (I don't have an exact eta for this).

I wanna return to making stuff for the workshop again so stay tuned. :)

Amazing release! I have a question though.. is there a way you guys choose what content to publish? or is it just decided based on what CO proposes? To be honest, I would love to have a content pack based on train stations.. like St. Pancras, Grand Central.. maybe a Amsterdam Centraal.. I know some stations were made.. like Grand Central, but maybe give it a little more detail like the buildings you released.. just an idea..

• Original Poster
  • We could pick the theme and choose what buildings we wanted to create. :) Paradox was very helpful with suggestions. CO did not get involved until the QA started and some issues had to be fixed.

I'm not sure what the plans look like for future packs. I think it'd make sense for another asset creator to do the next one (I'm assuming there's gonna be more but no official word on this). A Station DLC would be pretty sweet. Tbh I'm still hoping there will be a public transport DLC created by CO.

The canal system badly needs further development along with quayside/harbour themed assets and of course the glaring omission- BRIDGES! We really need a set of different bridges from traditional stone arched to gleaming high tech suspension bridges. Parking lots and possibly some more airport assets too

• Original Poster
  • A mod would be a great idea, but for now I'll just share the assets. I just got word it's okay for me to share them on the workshop. :)

One thing that will be different for the workshop versions is their texture resolutions will be upped compared to the ones in the DLC. I think many of them were lowered to 512/1024 but most of the originals are 2048. So that will be one advantage to sharing the ones I have locally...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MasterHallowed1
        How much education do you need to have in SimCity 4, and how to develop high-tech industry?

• By SecretMbr_735754
        This is my contribution to the STEX 20K file mark.   Its just a simple landmark file of the Maxis Quantum Dish.   Plop it in appreciation of all the files that came before.
        EDIT: JUST VERIFIED. STEX Files 20,000  Yiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaa!!!!! 
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        This download now has 3 versions of the Quantum Dish. The original is the 1x1 Landmark found at the top of the LM menu. The LM is a functional industrial lot (stats below).   The 2nd version is a 1x1 (non-functional) Park found in the Parks Menu.   The Park lot can be used to place anywhere on a map without needing road and power connections and will not dilapidate.    The LM and Park lots are identical but can be differentiated by clicking on the lot with the query tool. 
        The stats for the 1x1 Park lot are the same as for the Open Grass Area park with light park effect and negligible pollution.
        On the morning of February 10, 2017 I noticed the counter was at 19,999 and I had been working on making a functional landmark from the Maxis Quantum Dish.  I quickly threw together a zip-file to upload so I could claim the fame of having the 20,000th upload to the STEX.    I've further developed this download, adding 2 more Quantum Dish lots and a Simtropolis lamp-post sign. 
        The 13x2 Simtropolis Lamp-post sign is a hand-printed souvenir for fans and colleagues of Simtropolis.  It is found in the Parks menu.
        Quantum Dish 3x3 Network Roundabout
        This lot is lavishly gardened and lit with lamps.  Each side of the lot is connected to the street network so cars will pass through and drive around the roundabout.  The street overlay textures are included in the folder with the lot.  These may be used in other lots but references to the textures should be maintained to prevent duplicate loading of the textures.  If another lot uses the textures a message should be included instructing to delete multiples of the same .dat file. 
        Landmark Effect: 25 over 15 tiles
        Park Effect: 15 over 20 tiles
        Pollution: Negligible
        Quantum Dish 1x1 Landmark Lot
        STATS:
        Lot Size: 1x1
        Type: High-Tech Industrial Machinery Building
        Lot based on Big Ben 1x1 Landmark.
        Query: Industrial, Quantum Dish
        Query Sound: Machine Lot
        Menu Icon: Landmark Menu, purple background.
        Jobs:  High-Tech 84
        Wealth: High
        Monthly Cost: 0
        Monthly Income: 20
        Plop Cost: 20
        Bulldoze Cost: 0
        Landmark Effect: 40 over 20 tiles
        Park Effect: 10 over 20 tiles
        Mayor Rating Effect: +7 over 100 tiles
        Power Consumed: 20 MWh
        Water Consumed: 20 Gallons
        Air Pollution: 0 over 0 tiles
        Water Pollution: 1 over 2 tiles
        Garbage: 2 over 0 tiles
        Flammability: 4

INSTALL:
        Choose which lots you want to use by folder name, delete any not used and delete the readme and preview html files.
        Place The 'Quantum Dish STEX 20K V3' folder in your user Plugins folder.
        In Windows the user Plugins folder is found in \<username>\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        No external dependencies, Maxis night-lighting on Simtropolis Lamp-post Sign and 3x3 Networked Quantum Dish

• By Roif456
        I have a problem, so here:
        First, i started a new region. I started new city. I built everything with RCI dmeand good. But after awhile, the industry areas is just not developing and also, only High Tech and Agricultural demand is good, while other industry demand is low despite just getting started. But some of dirty industry remain. And newer zones has high tech. I read somewhere that it may caused by sims being too smart. so I created a ghetto with no education buildings near industrial areas. Ironically, the middle class homes and mansions developed there. What is cause of this and how to fix this? Sorry for my bad English. Also, no mods apart than moolah and water color and terrain colors.
      • By SimGoober
        Depressed? Job suck? Unappreciated? Money worries? Dependency issues? Try the all new, prescription strength Fukitol capsules, from GooberGen labs. When life just blows, take two of these and your problems will all fade away.

Growable I-HT
        Lot Size: 4x5
        Growth Stage: 3

Dependencies:
        BSC Essentials
        BSC Textures Vol 01
        BSC Mega Props SG Vol 01

2014-12-18 - Prens: Added up-to-date links + tags.
      • By SimGoober
        GooberGen Labs has gone Hi-Tech! With the incredible demand for the Fukitol™ products, a newer, more modern facility is needed to keep the Sims happy and content. Equipped with the latest solar technology, this plant is 80% self sufficient! It uses very little outside power or water, and creates a minimum of garbage.

So sit back, relax, and pop a few capsules. The world just seems a little less stressful, when you "Fukitol".

I actully made this one last June. I put it in a pending folder, and it kept slipping my mind.... I guess I was using too much of the product.

Three lots are included, all on a 6x5 lot. One "normal" growable, one CAM growable and one plop.

Dependencies:
        BSC Essentials
        BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01
        BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01
        BSC Mega Props - JES Vol07
        BSC Textures Vol 01
        BSC Textures Vol 02

2014-12-17 - Prens: Added up-to-date links + tags.