colco2121

SimCity 3000 OFFICIAL THREAD

97 posts in this topic Last Reply

Finally finished my city of Centropolis! This is the largest city I've ever built.

For reference, here's how it was when I dug out the original file several weeks ago. The city had a massive 2.4 million population with ridiculous land values across the board. However, this came at the expense of city funds, which was seeing a sustained, heavy yearly loss. I was losing around 500K simoleans a year and was left with only around 11 million left in the bank, after bleeding for about 40-50 years.

xleTn2h.png

I managed to reverse the effects of the land value bug by reintroducing crime so that the city's land value is "only" close to the cap. Additionally, I began slowly removing the surface water plots so that I could use that land to expand the population (this also kept land values a little further down). I was surprised that I managed to eke out around 800,000 more people. :golly:

Here's the final, fully developed city. 3.2 million people, 1.5 million commerce and 380k industrial jobs. I killed off healthcare so that I never run the risk of a great depression. There is not a single medium wealth building here.

tYnqeYm.png

Even without the surface water rings, the overall land value is still insane. (this is without any SYS.PAK modding)

8cE35de.png

The city grid was laid out in combinations of 10x10 and 11x11. I also mixed some roadless paradise areas in there.

KQq1LLf.png

By staggering the placement of 3x3 zones, I was able to control the growth of industry. Once the first growth cycle reaches the peak, I made the buildings historical and then filled in the gaps. This prevents redevelopment and maximizes the jobs per tile.  

Wcujy9D.png

I'm also never going to run out of money ever again, unless I managed to hit the overflow limit of the 64-bit long integer...

VFQ2w91.png