• Dirktator
    Dirktator

Cities: Skylines - After Dark reveals completely reasonable price

First Cities: Skylines Expansion to Release on September 24th

Sneak in After Dark and Read Colossal Order’s Diary

STOCKHOLM – Aug. 20, 2015 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a civic-minded somnambulist, today announced that “After Dark,” the first expansion for the hit city-building game Cities: Skylines, will release worldwide on September 24, 2015.

The expansion, which will include a broad variety of features, such as a day-and-night cycle, new nighttime city services and options, and much more, will be available to players of Cities: Skylines on PC, Mac, and Linux for $14.99 via digital distributors everywhere.

To give curious city constructors a glimpse of what awaits them in After Dark, Paradox has released a design diary from Cities: Skylines developer Colossal Order, along with a new batch of in-game screenshots showing several of the substantial sundown surprises that await players.

Read about the changes that go into a city at night in the first After Dark diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-date-price-and-developer-diary-1-for-after-dark.877722/

In After Dark, the sun will set on mayor-players’ in-game cities – but it will rise once nighttime is over, so nobody needs to worry. Towns will look – and behave – differently at night, with new leisure-focused nightspots, popular beachfront properties that thrive during the daytime, and new systems such as taxicabs, prisons, bike lanes, and much more.

User Feedback

The Paradoxplaza link gave me a 404 error.

This is pretty exciting. I guess I'll have to see all the content that this expansion comes with before I decide to buy it. 

Wow $14.99 that's a steal! Is this the only official DLC/Expansion created so far?

By "official" if you mean something with a price tag then yes. But there is also the Euro theme DLC that added a wave of content to build European-themed cities for free.

Share this comment

Don't forget the tunnels and the Day and Night cycle that are free. The Expansion include a lot of new caracteristics to the game, some of the new content has not been revealed yet. I don't think this is a "steal"    :rofl:

Steal? That's SC2013 :P

Share this comment

Don't forget the tunnels and the Day and Night cycle that are free. The Expansion include a lot of new caracteristics to the game, some of the new content has not been revealed yet. I don't think this is a "steal"    :rofl:

It's a steal in english is meant from the buyer's perspective, as in, really cheap, almost-like-i-didn't-pay-for-it cheap.

Share this comment

It's a steal in english is meant from the buyer's perspective, as in, really cheap, almost-like-i-didn't-pay-for-it cheap.

Sorry, enlgish is not my native language, and for me, steal means a steal. :P

Share this comment

So, when the DLC does drop, will there be a deluxe version of the game? Because I don't have the game yet and with the expansion almost here, it'd be nice to get both at once.

Share this comment

So, when the DLC does drop, will there be a deluxe version of the game? Because I don't have the game yet and with the expansion almost here, it'd be nice to get both at once.

I doubt it, since there is already a Deluxe version. It has extra landmarks and music. 

Share this comment

I will gladly pay the US$ 15 dollars. In fact, isn't much and Colossal Paradox deserves this for their great game. Can't wait to lay my hands on this new exp.:thumb:

Share this comment

it depends on point of view. Will you be playing this game for a long time? if so, then around 12 euro is nothing, given that people pay over 60 euros 5 or 6 times a year on new game releases. However if you barely play the game, then it is a rip off.

Edited by sylvantino  

Share this comment

Paradox did not make this game, and neither did they make any other game. They are a publisher in Sweden who published this game.

I live not far away from the developers of the game who are in Tampere Finland, I live down the road Hämeenlinna. It was not Paradox who decided to give give away free dlc, it was Collosal Order.  The agreement was if they failed to implement something into the game, which was a fundimental part of the play style * they promised day / night cycles and weather but failed to deliver on both.  They since released the update free because it was meant to be in at launch, along with the weather.  The weather update is also coming, but not got confirmed date but it to will be free that much they have said. There will also come pay dlc which will be a little steep, but since you will be playing this game for some time, it depends on your views.

This game is far from complete, and there are lots of other things they *need* to add to the game. It will take some time, but they will release it. Most of it pay dlc, but there is still some free dlc to come, as mentioned the weather, but they have no date for it yet.

Share this comment