Paradox have released After Dark, the first expansion for Cities: Skylines.
Building on the features from the base game, a range of new gameplay and simulation options are introduced, giving greater control of how your city interacts and functions.
It includes ways to specialise district areas (e.g. leisure & tourism), and changes in activity based on the new day/night cycle. There's also expanded city services and additional transportation options, including bike & bus lanes!
In After Dark, players of Cities: Skylines will meet all-new challenges in planning, maintaining, and expanding their cities, as they discover the unique needs and quirks of the populace after the sun goes down. In-game citizens will seek out entertainment and leisure once the work day is over, while the criminal element will also become more active, requiring new strategies and solutions for a city’s services, traffic, and tourism. After Dark includes:
- Take a Tour: New tourism specializations will add high-rise hotels and other attractions for out-of-town visitors, including beach facilities if placed near the water
- Share the Roads: New bus lanes and bicycle lanes allow cities to take advantage of alternate transportation options; new taxi system helps ferry tourists around town
- Sunset Services: City services can be scheduled during different times on the day-and-night cycle, allowing for trash pickup at night and more public transit during the day
- A Night Out after Lights Out: New night-time leisure districts can be designated, leading to the arrival of nightclubs, bowling alleys, karaoke bars, and more
- Fighting Crime and Doing Time: An increase in criminal activity at night will lead to new police activity, while new prisons can be built to contain miscreants
For more information on Cities: Skylines, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines
The expansion requires the base game installed, and is a separate purchase (currently $14.99 / £10.99 / €14.99).
Patch Release Notes (includes the differences between the free update)
Mod Compatibility Guide (community created)