TOKYO 4.0

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Shinjuku Area and Region Update!!

Sign in to follow this  
tepodon

08203a8f1.jpg

We've been having some pretty nice weather in Tokyo this past week. Its a bit cloudy today, but at least its not unbearably hot like it was a couple of days ago.

Here's an update to what progress I have made in regards to the Shinjuku area, and the entire region as a whole. I've began developing the area around Shinjuku Station and Yotsuya Station.

Enjoy! :)

shinjuku25sep5112812135.png

Above: This is the NTT Docomo Tower near Yoyogi, just south of Shinjuku Station. It's apparently the world's tallest clock tower.

Below: Shinjuku Station; the entrance to the Lumine Department Store and Odakyu Lines.

shinjuku20sep5112812135.png

shinjuku16feb5412812170.png

Above: The Shinjuku - Yoyogi Area. The Japan Railways East Head Quarters, and the NTT Docomo Tower can be seen. The mass of green is Shinjuku Gyoen.

Below: The same area at night.

shinjuku5mar54128121712.png

shinjuku12feb5412812170.png

Above

: Let's move a little towards the north-west. Although there are still some buildings missing, a good portion of the skyscrappers of Shinjuku are in place. The twin towered building is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.

Below: Zooming in, to the right is the Keio Plaza Hotel, and to the right is the Shinjuku Sumitomo Building.

shinjuku13sep5112812135.png

shinjuku16nov5112812138.png

Above: Shinjuku has been called the greatest amusement area in Asia. This town never sleeps!

Region Update!!

tokyo401281855694.png

Above: As you can see there has been a lot of development in Shinjuku, and if you know Tokyo, you can see that Yotsuya is also getting its share of buildings as well. Also if you know Tokyo really well, you might be able to tell the Chuo-Sobu line snaking its way towards Tokyo Station. The link is not complete, but it should be in a short time.

Below: Here's a transportation view. I am very proud of myself! :)

tokyo401281236887.png

I hope that I have interested some people in the city of Tokyo.

Thank you for your comments, and I shall update again soon.

Sign in to follow this  

17 Comments

Recommended Comments

CONGRATS!!! Very well done!!!
Tokyo is the worlds most complex city in my opinion!!!
Keep up the great work!!!

Share this comment

Excellent work, re-creating Tokyo is just about as tough a challenge as any in SC4 and I think you have done an incredible job so far!

Share this comment

Replies:

takelove88: thank you, yes it is quite complicated. But now I've become an expert on Tokyo. The roads are as accurate as I can make them, and the rails too. I've learned some stuff about the city I live in through this CJ; thing's I never would have known if I had never done this. Thank's for the congratulations.

tankmank: thanks tankmank, you've been quite the follower of this CJ. Thank you very much!

Reikhardt: thank you very much, the complexity of this city is driving me nuts!! But I feel I've planned well, and its going quite smoothly, and most of all I'm having fun doing it.

dimipol006: thank you! :)

Samerton: thank you, I like to think that that's the part I've put most of my effort. If my rendition of Tokyo is visually incorrect or displeasing, than I hope that I can be rated for the complexity and total accuracy of the roads and the mass transit; because like I said before, I believe in function before visual stimulation, and if it doesn't function in-game than its not fun!

Share this comment

You still have a massive amount of work to do, but I'll be here to see how it goes! The regional shots, although incomplete, they are really impressive!

Share this comment

This is fanastic indeed! I can see what is professional! =]
I can't wait to see your update! And now you moutivates me to do something with my Little Briton!

Share this comment

Replies:

on00122222222222222: Thanks, nice profile pic :)

Tekindust: I knooow~, I hope I'm done with this by the time I'm done with college, orz.

Skimbo: Thanks...   I love your CJ too, by the way.

Guibanez: Thank you, I hope to be able to do it more often.

ukrikou: this isn't professional, it's still amateur in comparison to CJ's like The Different Look's of NYC or that recreation of Calgary. I was looking through those earlier yesterday, and I could have sworn those were just pictures of the real thing, but nooooo, the guys that built those cities were true professionals. I sometimes try and get around having to do too much detail, lol.

Share this comment

What! I was sure i commented   ,Well, i have to say this CJ is amazing, And the station is trully Breathtaking :D  kepp up the good work

Share this comment

dude, that is truly inspiring. I have always been an advocate of space saving urban tunnels, and you have a good picture of 1 there.

Share this comment