aYur6K3.jpg

riH8V9I.jpg

2. The 101 - 246 Interchange at Balboa International Airport

wnWq3DG.jpg

aviMJ6Q.jpg

3. The 246 - 135 Interchange in Costa Pacifica

jordiRl.jpg

lJDbHAf.jpg

4. The end of the 18 freeway at Balboa Rd.

jcBvWje.jpg

5. The 101 - 166 Interchange in Balboa

vvoUvse.jpg

6. The 101 - 18 Interchange in Balboa (this was in a previous entry)

bWWKVv6.jpg

FxDJous.jpg

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

@korver   Thanks korver, two things that require much patience.

@RandyE   I submitted it for feature but it hasn't been put up yet.  Yep, the latest NAM, it lets you come up with some interesting interchanges

@TowerDude   Yezzir, city of Angels...and traffic

@Eggman121   Thank you, and thank you so much for the NAM -- those flex fly pieces are so versatile, I can't tell you how happy it makes me when I can connect a ramp I wasn't expecting to be able to connect.

Share this comment

Hey, I actually know what loquats are. You don't see them mentioned too often!

I like your interchanges and MMP work. They're very nicely detailed.

Share this comment

I grew up with a loquat tree in our front yard, which we climbed and used as a fort/house/spaceship/battleship/place to sit and eat fruit all day. It was great.

Share this comment

@APSMS   Nice.  Glad I could hit a nostalgia chord for you.  That is definitely not a tree you usually see in someone's front yard.

@Namiko   Thank you!  Yes!  That was exactly my goal

Share this comment

Holy cow. You know, after a long hiatus from playing I recently tried my hands on the NAM again. The last NAM I had was some 90 megabytes (that was long before RHW etc.), so the new one made me feel like an Australopithecus in an airplane cockpit. :boggle: I barely managed to draw a simple straight stretch of RHW-4, and even with a bit of practice I imagine it would take me ages (and a few dozen ragequits) to build interchanges that are half as complex as yours.

What I like most is the way you managed to build right up to them - or even included buildings inside the loops - so they don't cut the city in half as severely as often seen. Of course this is a matter of taste and style, but it happens to appeal to me a lot. Impressive picture showcase (even somewhat intimidating for a NAMbecile like me *:P ) and great work - thanks a bunch for sharing these with us!

Share this comment

Yes @T Wrecks!  Thank you!  Just wished I could have squeezed a few walls along the freeway at a few places.  *If any NAM developers are reading this -- maybe optional freeway walls in #37?* *:D

I hope you keep at it.  Before these interchanges, I had only done one.  It's only been a matter of months that I've been NAM-literate.  It does take practice and some ragequits but you get it sooner than you'd think. 

Share this comment