Benzihor Region

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

s06. Fortune and Prosperity - 2014 Chinese New Year Specials

pingpong

恭喜發財! (Cantonese: Gung Hay Fat Choy or in Mandarin: Gong Xi Fa Cai 恭喜发财, literally 'Congratulation and be rich')

This is the New Year time in the traditional Lunar Year, a.k.a. Spring Festival, in my region. To celebrate we will leave Denarisk for one entry, and visit a distance village in a far away land from Benzihor Region.

========================================================

'Everything renews itself after hearing the sound of the exploding firecracker'. Last year was the Year of Snake, and as the Snake is gone now, villager welcomes the new Zodiac Animal: The Year of Horse.

CNY01.jpg?psid=1

The Spring Festival is the greatest festival for the people in the region. Each year people who leave their hometown for life and work come back to their own village for reunion and celebration. The stress of crowded long distance commute fades away as the scene, sound and scent of old town approaches.

CNY02.jpg?psid=1

Interestingly, although people tend to be very busy before the New Year, during Spring Festival the streets are actually more quite than usual. It may be true that the Spring Festival is a time to take a break and relax with the family, and preparing self for the coming busy year.

CNY03.jpg?psid=1

========================================================

I have been pretty busy recently, for work and the preparation of the Chinese New Year. Yet the Year of Snake is coming to its end and I wish all of you have a good year in the Year of Horse!

3 pics are selected for today entry; it is hard to find suitable plugins and models for the topic, and I have done some photoshopping as usual. I hope you like them.

This is also the first time that most part of the image are done in LE. LE is free and good for details, but I think it gets harder to build large area and 'lively' city in the game. Nevertheless LE is great tool to make independent works.

As for Denarisk, choose the right scene is not easy (the buildings are, well, too repetitive anyway), and post-editing of the image needs time. Still I would like to give another update before my holiday ends, as winter will be gone very soon.

Replies:

coolwiththecool2, evanalmighty, Huston, TekindusT: Thank you very much! I think the atmosphere I havedone here is successful too :D

Benedict: Lol, I am just too lazy to find a less distinctive one anyway

Hellken, Tonraq: "For the people!" They said.

MatTSW: Many of the blocks can be found in STEX, and some from a Polish webside http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads ,Google Translate is my best friend in this situation!

bokrif: Thanks for the comment and I agree with you. I found it hard to place identical blocks together as they tend to be occupying at least 80% of the lot, yet it gets weird when I place them one tile after each of the blocks, perhaps further re-lotting can do a better job.

sejr99999: You know what? The very centre of the Nation MAY be unveiled in the next season…

15 Comments

Recommended Comments