• Comments
  • Views

Replies + Teaser

SimCoug

newsorgunrepliesbanner.jpg

Replies to 1870 Census – Part 1

Hazani Pratama: Awesome!

Thanks!

ggamgus: Wow, this is an excellent entry. A census count in 1870s... The plot and the theme is very original, I have to say. :D Census fact: New York City has always been the largest city in the United States, since the first census in the year 1790. Also, the 1790 Census counted less than four million people in the entire U.S., including 700 thousand slaves.

Thanks for the compliment - and cool historical facts are always welcome in this CJ :)

Kevenbro: Amazing bro!

Thank you, bro!

Mithrik: Impressive, there has been some stuff you didn't tell us SimCoug, and it finally get on the spotlight. And I know that feel of getting carried away, some of my CJ updates end up bigger than expected due to this. :P

Thanks, Mithrik. The Census is a good time to catch up on some of the smaller developments happening around the region.

westy177: Love the quarry!

Thank you - that was my first quarry, but I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks to ionionion for creating the great limestone BAT used for that.

hammysonata: I always feel excited when I see you've posted an update :) Every single picture is truly masterful! I also love how you used the region view photos as a vehicle to move the narrative. Incredible work!

Thanks! I have always like maps, and I think it's easier to tell a story when you can see the big picture, and how everything relates space wise.

NMUSpidey: This is absolutely one of the best-looking city journals here on Simtropolis, I love the pictures. The census and information included was very interesting. I'd like to see Junction make a small comeback in the wake of the battle.

Thanks Spidey - Don't count Junction out, it still is located on a main crossroads, so there will always be traffic running through the area.

nedal2001: So, so, SO beautiful! Sigh, it makes me want to go and live there! So crisp, and so detailed! I cant wait for Part 2 :)

Thank you! I love adding the details, so I'm glad people enjoy seeing them in the images.

Jetty Jockey: I'm guessing with the new quarry we'll be seeing some impressive stone buildings popping up in the near future.As always, great stuff. The attention to detail in both the artistry of your screenshots and the story line is just mind blowing. 25 pics and I'm still left wanting more.

Aaaah, Jetty - you are very perceptive. Thanks for the great comment.

urbanconstanta: State of the Art!!!!! and the timelapse is just wow

Thanks! I'm still learning how to create a good looking time lapse pic, but I'm happy with how that turned out.

dubaidude303: Can't wait for more!! Look's great!

Thank you.

hahei: Not just a blow to the mind, but a gale. Incredible job, everything looks so crisp and pristine.

Thanks for the creative compliment!

MilitantRadical: Hey SimCoug, your CJ is so relaxing and wonderful. I just spent so much time soaking in all the detail you've put into making your world and it is absolutely fantastic. Hope you're with us for a long time. While looking at this entry i was listening to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=getHYtUIoCc, went so damn well!

I haven't heard any Dire Straits in a while, but it was nice to listen to while I did these replies. Thanks for your constant support Militant!

Teaser Time!

Up next - Mr. Stevens continues with his census duties - even venturing up into the hills.

Stay tuned.

Update%2023%20-%20teaser.jpg

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice, I saw that mill a few days ago when you posted that zoom 6 picture.

One question. What are the stones you use? I don't think I have seen them before.

Share this comment

@10^12: Yes, that about sums it up. I just used Doc Rorlach's [b][url="http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/wmp_mill_pub.asp"]Crown Pub[/url][/b] (the old Mill BAT). and 'painted' everything around it.

Share this comment

@SimCoug This is very good MMP work! Der_gammler's water MMp is hard to master.

PS Try putting some rocks and tall grass in front of Doc Rorlach's Crown Pub Mill. It looks like it's flying (a bit). :)

Share this comment