Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Catareina

Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

East Wirdleonia: Catareina

A new town in the district of East Wirdleonia has been incorporated. Named for the regent, Princess Katherine I, the name can also cleverly be read in Spanglish as “cat queen [reina].” Now, how’s that for a linguistic coup de grâce? Oy vey! So many languages! (What is that, 4 already?) The town sits near the walls of the BFA Wirdleplex and has a road leading to the Northwest Portal leading into the BFA military district. The town hosts a very high density of civilian support staff for the military installation. And, to accommodate the families of military personnel, support services and others, this town with an unusually high (for Schulmania) population density was commissioned.

splashypoo.jpg

cat01.jpg

The busy town has several warm, sunny plazas… great places to take a catnap

cat02.jpg

The Bureau of Feline Affairs has built extensive housing for those who work indirectly for of families of those working in The Wirdleplex

cat03.jpg

The larger BFA housing units are quite a departure from standard Schulminion urban design, but seem to blend in pretty well

cat04.jpg

Charming, leafy sanctuaries abound in this urban setting

cat05.jpg

The complex is envisioned as a place where families of those deployed by the military will reside until they are reunited. All such housing is provided free by the BFA Military Command.

cat06.jpg

This complex is simply called ‘The Mews’

cat07.jpg

There are ample commercial enterprises to serve the moderately high population of the town

cat08.jpg

The white towers are part of a complex known as “The Can-Has Manors at Cheezburger” or colloquially as “Can Has Cheezburger”. Bet you didn’t see that one coming!

cat09.jpg

Ella’s Café is serving up the cheeseburgers, but you might want to skip the secret sauce

cat10.jpg

City government operates from this rustic building on the main road

cat11.jpg

A wider view of the heart of town

cat12.jpg

Shopping abounds in bustling Piazza dei Gatti Pelosi

cat13.jpg

I like to dine alfresco at one of the lovely cafes. A variety of freshly pounced-upon game is available served with locally sourced side dishes.

cat14.jpg

The best part is that the mayor’s office is up for election. Anyone interested in running for office?

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Ha! Indeed I didn't see "Can Has Cheezburger" coming, but in retrospect, I probably should have. Nice job! It's great to see a few more modernly-styled buildings in Schulmania and you're right, they do blend in surprisingly well.

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Benedict[/b] Getting hungry?? :D

[b]Ggagmus[/b] Thanks. Glad you liked it.

[b]Jacob Guajardo[/b] Thanks.

[b]Hazani Pratama[/b] Thanks!

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] Glad you like Catareina. We do have some fairly dense midsize urban areas. And of course more of that is due to come in the capital. Bit for a built up area, it is a nice setting.

[b]LastTrueChamp[/b] Thanks. Glad you like it.

[b]USFighter15[/b] Sorta. They are more modern but not distinctly modern. The texture and scale (and lack of parking lots/garages) makes them blend in pretty well, don’t you think?

[b]Hammysonata[/b] Thanks. Glad you like it.

[b]Kruness[/b] Thanks. Nice to have you back in Schulmania.

[b]Konstantinll[/b] Thanks. I checked the item in game to get its name and wouldn’t you know, it’s a blank R$$. GnLeugim says he found it on a Japanese SC4 site for download, but its origins are otherwise obscure.

[b]Konstantinll[/b] Thanks.

[b]Daybreak[/b] Thanks. And welcome to Schulmania. Please visit us again.

[b]Mertzigzag[/b] Thanks. The buildings keep popping up and they seem to blend in pretty well, so I gave in to the game engine and let them stay. I think it works pretty well too.

[right][Volume 3 Update #269][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment