• Announcements

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Rodentia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Region of Rodentia: Due to Smart Diplomacy, Squirrelton Flourishes

hammysonata

After the passing of the North Rodentia Free Trade Agreement, all (four) cities in the region of Rodentia have gained significant financial boosts, with positive growth reported in every sector of the economy. The historic pact was not made without drama, however, and with the strong (i.e. megalomaniacal) personalities of mayors Nibbly Murphy, Ishmael Rotte, and Michael Nutter all forced to assemble together in days-long meetings, the drama was certainly predictable. In the end the three were able to temporarily set aside their egos and work for the good of the future of Rodentia. Or at least for creating a stable society where there is less of a chance of the electorate voting them out of office next election.

NRFTA has certainly benefited Squirrelton and Michael Nutter is popular as ever, the public having forgotten his previous mistakes (like him calling them all lazy idiots). The town now has 9,102 residents. The newly developed Bushy Tail River trail is well-liked by residents. They do find the architectural repetitiveness of their housing somewhat irritating though.

Downtown_zpsd50fc071.jpg

On Squirrelton’s Rat Tail Peninsula, companies specializing in IT, logistics, and real estate investment are numerous. Even so, the largest employer of Squirrelton still remains Hammy’s Hamster Wheel Inc., employing about 89.9% of the population.

Rat_Tail_zps87fc9388.jpg

On the weekends, residents enjoy strolling along the Rat Tail Peninsula’s modest boardwalk, eating ice cream and taking in the slight breeze coming from the river. Alfalfa & Sunflower Seed is the most popular ice cream flavor, followed closely by Cedar Bedding.

Docks_Squirrel_zps309ee1b9.jpg

Alderperson Pelosi-Groundsquirrel’s district has become a trendy night spot where young, urban professionals gather to socialize, drink craft beers, and brag about how much Simoleons they make.

Pelosi_Night_zps3551eba7.jpg

Soccer moms of Squirrelton’s Walnut Hill neighborhood love that their soccer field is within easy access although over-eager young players often accidentally kick the ball into the pond or down the hillside, causing frequent delays of games.

Burbs_Woods_zps4b383d89.jpg

Recently Mayor Nutter invited Mayor Nibbly (of Marmot Hollow and Gopher’s Pocket fame) to take a riverboat tour of Squirrelton. Mayor Nibbly left insanely jealous.

Squirrelton_Overview_zps5fc01bac.jpg

After his visit, Mayor Nibbly emailed Mayor Nutter, begging him to disclose the secret of Squirrelton’s success. Nutter simply replied “It’s the economy, stupid.”

Squirrelton_Night_zps44594fbe.jpg

-------------------------

Credits: Mods are SimPeg (Paeng’s Parks, MTP, OWW, SPAM, Pond, Stream, Lighthouse, Rail Mod, (lots and mayor-mode ploppables)) Murimk’s rocks, ALN Pasture Flora, Cycledogg trees, SFBT trees, NAM & SAM, Lowkee33’s Appalachian terrain, SHK HD Rock Mod & HD Brigantine 2.0, Riverside Beach Mod, Euro sidewalk texture mod, masrast’s embankments. Various buildings by Sim Goober, Shmail, Don Miguel, and nofunk, JB SmalltownUSA.

------------------------

Replies:

@Jacob Guajardo: Hey thanks! It's the JENX Burg Eltz by xannepan.

@ Schulmanator: Thanks! :) Mayor Rotte hopes that it has enough room to hold thousands of rodents and then some.

@Blakeway: Chase Nutly of the Squirrelton High Fighting Squirrels works hard at being intimidating :D

@emperor daniel: it may lead to a revelation revolving around an ancient prophecy, the future of Rodentia, and cheese. :D

@Hazani Pratama: Thanks-- glad you enjoyed it! :)

@NMU Spidey: thanks! Argh: "historirats and archeolorodents": you beat me to it! :D

@IL: thanks. I don't think I have the same level of pure city-building skills as some of the other city journalers on here so I just try to make mine especially wierd :D

-------------------------

Thanks for looking at Squirrelton and my City Journal the Region of Rodentia! :)

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

[quote name='hammysonata' timestamp='1348170611']
Think I will try one of the large city maps next and gnaw away at that for a while.
[/quote]

If you turn your back on this tile, I think you'll have some uninvited guests from Schulmania doing some gnawing of their own!

Share this comment