Rodentia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Region of Rodentia: Gopher’s Pocket is Founded, Mayor Nibbly Experiences Schadenfreude

hammysonata

Gopher's Pocket:

As Squirrelton is left reeling and Mayor Michael Nutter is left scrambling from the PR disaster that resulted from The Squirrelton Inquirer’s Day in the Life Of… (See last CJ update), Mayor Nibbly Murphy seizes the opportunity to expand his territory and establishes the tiny settlement of Gopher’s Pocket. It is said his behavior bordered on gleeful as he hastily buried his ceremonial shovel in the ground to commence the building.

“Marmot Hollow is my queen and Gopher’s Pocket shall be my rook,” Mayor Nibbly exclaimed to a Marmot Hollow Gazette reporter. “And you can quote me on that,” he added mischievously. Michael Nutter declined to comment in response to Nibbly Murphy’s thinly-veiled insult.

0225994a.jpg

With only 417 residents, Gopher’s Pocket is basically a Mining Town. Two-thirds of the residents named The Molly Maguires as their favorite movie. Coming in second was Groundhog Day.

3aa550f1.jpg

Workers in Gopher’s Pocket sometimes wonder if they are delving too deep and waking a nameless fear. Regardless, they excitedly named the mine Moria.

104ab67f.jpg

Seen in the upper right is a vein of Alfalfa Ore, a mineral that forms the backbone of the Rodentia economy at this time. It is used in everything from computer chips to oven cleaner. Residents also gnaw on it to comfort themselves in times of stress.

92437047.jpg

Not far from the mine, however, many natural wonders remain.

96801d4c.jpg

e0f7e953.jpg

On their one day off work, miners will often picnic with their families near Lake Nuts and Berries. The lake is named after the many nuts and berries that grow near the water. Where do all the nuts and berries come from? Perhaps from the great blue grid.

1905ec83.jpg

The tiny town center of Gopher’s Pocket. To the right is Shepherd PJ’s sheep flock. From afar, they often are mistaken for albino hamsters. PJ is often seen guiding his sheep safely through the cliffs of Gopher’s Pocket while continuously listening to Jefferson Airplane’s “Good Shepherd” in his iGopher.

8048069f.jpg

----------

Credits: Mods are SimPeg (Big John’s Mine, MTP, SPAM, Pond, Stream, Rail Mod, (various lots and mayor-mode ploppables)), Cycledogg trees, SFBT trees, NAM & SAM, Lowkee33’s Appalachian terrain, SHK HD Rock Mod, Riverside Beach Mod, Euro sidewalk texture mod. Various RLS houses by Sim Goober, Shmail’s Commercial Finals, JB SmalltownUSA, BSC UK Village Church, ALN Pasture Flora, Wild West series, Murimk’s rocks, Old Mining Co.

Moria mines reference from Tolkien ;)

Took a break from Squirrelton while I figure out how I want to build it up more. Will be upcoming!

Thanks for looking at my City Journal and Gopher’s Pocket! :)

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hey, thanks, guys! :)

@Mastof: thanks. You would think with all of the cliffs bungee jumping would be really popular in Rodentia but strangely, not so :)

@NMUSpidey: Hey thanks so much! Ah, I miss walkmans. The iGopher, however, does easily fit in one's pocket ;)

@Blakeaway: Haha, I see what you mean now. Is it the scene where Faramir and his gang are snooping around while Gollum is swimming in the pool?

@Schulmanator: Thanks, it's the SHK Brigantine 2.0. At first I tried their Silt variation but the original seems to match best with PEG's ponds and streams

@emperordaniel: hahaha, thank you :D If the Balrog did appear, Mayor Nibbly would probably have to unleash AutoSaurus Wrecks and hope they work out their aggressions on each other.

Share this comment