• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Rodentia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Region of Rodentia: Squirrelton Grapples with the Spacetime Continuum

hammysonata

Several decades have passed since the founding of Squirrelton and through a bizarre series of scandals, seemingly perpetual confusion regarding voter I.D. laws, and the enactment of countless popular policies, Michael Nutter still holds the office of Mayor. Some believe this is evidence of Fortuna smiling on both Mayor Nutter and Squirrelton. Others believe it’s just smart governing, such Nutter’s push to repeal the much-detested Peanut Butter & Birdseed Tax.

With the Pax Squirrelton, technology and innovation is flourishing along the western banks of the Bushy Tail River. Internet start-ups crop up daily. Popular websites include HowToAttractMiceToYourHome.com and Rodentropolis.

f015c4eb.jpg

Scientists recently have discovered a (previously only hypothetical) subatomic particle that behaves and appears very much like a squirrel. There was debate, however, as to whether the behavior would be described as squirrel-like or chipmunk-like. It was finally decided to name the particle the Squirrmunk boson. Will this discovery unite the Theory of General Hoarding with Quantum Scampering? It’s hard to say.

The Squirrmunk boson only creates more questions about the universe. Below, resident astrophysicists have constructed an observatory and satellite dish to search for answers.

a11c3821.jpg

Mayor Nutter felt acute agitation when the first new constellation cataloged was not named after him but kept the feeling to himself.

17d19fbd.jpg

Along the river, heavy fog has become a frequent problem. “High pressure system coming in from the coast is causing a disturbance in the upper atmosphere” has become a favorite phrase of the town old timers like Old Craftsman PJ.

a9de0e75.jpg

When not musing on the weather, PJ spends his time perfecting the plans of his Mystic Squirrel Portal. Seen below is an early version. With the contraption, he believes he can summon the temporal form of the star grouping of Sciurus.

e166d17b.jpg

On sunnier days, scientists and artists alike enjoy spending time on the wilder parts of the riverbed, communing with nature and counting squirrels.

c85240ea.jpg

-------------------

Credits: Mods are SimPeg (MTP, OWW, SPAM, Pond, Stream, Lighthouse, Rail Mod (lots and mayor-mode ploppables)), ALN Pasture Flora, Cycledogg trees, SFBT trees, NAM & SAM, Lowkee33’s Appalachian terrain, SHK HD Rock Mod, Riverside Beach Mod, Euro sidewalk texture mod. Various RLS houses by Sim Goober. Observatory by shmail, embankments by Marrast, Ishani’s Large Radio Disk.

Mystic Squirrel Portal illustration by me :)

Trying to get some custom high tech growables to…uh, grow but no luck yet (guess I need more squirrels). Anyways, thanks for looking at Squirrelton and my City Journal of Rodentia!

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Another good update, I love that riverbed shot, amazing. The Theory of General Hoarding and Quantum Scampering may only be able to be reconciled with each other through the introduction of Radical Predatory Particles, although I believe those are still merely theoretical themselves at this point.

Share this comment

Hey, thanks, guys, really glad you lie my work! :)

NMUSpidey: Yes, Radical Predatory Particles are notoriously elusive. I have heard also that they may reconcile the two models, although [i]antisquirrmunk [/i]quarks remain a possibility. It may depend on the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Force_%28film%29"]g-force[/url].

Share this comment