35. Cannon Beach Intro
Almost 2 months since my last update.... Gah. I've had nowhere near as much time this summer as i thought i would. That said, don't start thinking that I have enough more time now that I'll for sure be back to regular updates. I do, however, have enough material together for a few updates, and this one is mostly setup for the next two.
So here we go.
Region: Somewhere on the shore of the Great Sea.
Area/Tile: Cannon Beach.
01. Highway 101 crosses a river that empties into the nearby pacific.
02. A small but busy town lies on the other side of the river. The remains of an old downtown stand with some historical buildings along the scenic highway.
03. The historic city hall faces the terminus of the rail line.
04. The town's rail station. It takes passengers to the next town south, where there's also a small cargo port.
05. This city has the standard small town education system.
06. There's also a small cluster of industrial buildings and a freight depot to ship cargo south.
07. After crossing HWY 101 the rail lines from the freight and passenger stations join.
08. The city is known for it's waterfront.
09. It features world class restaraunts and a some getaways for the rich.
10. Welcome to Cannon Beach.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. I hope this wets your appetite for the next two updates....
And college football starts tomorrow. COLLEGE FOOTBALL! I love fall so much.
@Grstudios, westy177: Thanks guys! I tried to imitate some of the real rail loops I've seen, although there wasn't quite enough space there to do it correctly.
@kevenbro: Thanks, bro!
@hammysonata: Thanks a lot Those gravel piles are MMP's from the SFBT team, availible somewhere over at the LEX.
and holy tornado, Rip City got a comment
@megie: Thanks, the diagonal parking is by the SFBT team and availible over at the LEX, although Paeng has recently relotted that set too, and his relot is available over at simpeg.com