• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cannon Beach Intro

blunder

zROF-HEAD-2.jpg?psid=1

35. Cannon Beach Intro

Almost 2 months since my last update.... Gah. I've had nowhere near as much time this summer as i thought i would. That said, don't start thinking that I have enough more time now that I'll for sure be back to regular updates. I do, however, have enough material together for a few updates, and this one is mostly setup for the next two.

So here we go.

Region: Somewhere on the shore of the Great Sea.

Area/Tile: Cannon Beach.

01. Highway 101 crosses a river that empties into the nearby pacific.

01%20river.jpg?psid=1

02. A small but busy town lies on the other side of the river. The remains of an old downtown stand with some historical buildings along the scenic highway.

02%20old%20town.jpg?psid=1

03. The historic city hall faces the terminus of the rail line.

03%20city%20hall.jpg?psid=1

04. The town's rail station. It takes passengers to the next town south, where there's also a small cargo port.

04%20rail%20station.jpg?psid=1

05. This city has the standard small town education system.

05%2d=0school.jpg?psi1

06. There's also a small cluster of industrial buildings and a freight depot to ship cargo south.

06%20freight%20depot.jpg?psid=1

07. After crossing HWY 101 the rail lines from the freight and passenger stations join.

07%20train%20wye.jpg?psid=1

08. The city is known for it's waterfront.

08%20waterfront.jpg?psid=1

09. It features world class restaraunts and a some getaways for the rich.

09%20waterfront%202.jpg?psid=1

10. Welcome to Cannon Beach.

10%20canon%20beach.jpg?psid=1

Thanks for stopping by everyone. I hope this wets your appetite for the next two updates.... :)

And college football starts tomorrow. COLLEGE FOOTBALL! I love fall so much.

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

@Grstudios, westy177: Thanks guys! I tried to imitate some of the real rail loops I've seen, although there wasn't quite enough space there to do it correctly.

@kevenbro: Thanks, bro!

@hammysonata: Thanks a lot :) Those gravel piles are MMP's from the SFBT team, availible somewhere over at the LEX.

and holy tornado, Rip City got a comment :)

@megie: Thanks, the diagonal parking is by the SFBT team and availible over at the LEX, although Paeng has recently relotted that set too, and his relot is available over at simpeg.com

9 Comments

Recommended Comments