• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Lagouira International Airport

elavery

lagouira_banner_2.jpg

Replies

ggamgus: Thanks again for your high rating!

ee99: You will be seeing the airport today.

TekindusT: Those fans are indeed crazy.

10000000000000: Hope you like the airport.

emperordaniel: I love football.

MamaLuigi945: Thanks, I like the mosaic.

matheuspaulo: I thought it would be nice to see a bit more than just a few stadiums.

Erikson91: The stadium is from a Japanese site that currently seems to be offline.

Evillions: Lot Editor is such an awesome tool.

Wubbat: See reply to Erikson91.

tagtag: Lots of stairs indeed.

bigro: I completely agree about the water, I hope you see an improvement today.

ABHosting: Thanks!

Benedict: Three weeks at the top was a great honour.

Today we will be visiting Lagouira International Airport; a small, poorly planned, yet bustling airport.

lagouira_airport.jpg

lagouira_airport_4.jpg

The terminal has recently been upgraded and was designed by a Japanese firm. Due to space constrictions the airport only has eight gates and a small cargo terminal on the other side of the runway.

lagouira_airport_3.jpg

Another interesting feature of the airport is how close the runway is to a major avenue and the beach. Plane-spotting tourists often gather on the beach to get a close-up view of the airport.

lagouira_airport_2.jpg

There are five airlines that primarily fly into Lagouira.

Air France

Daily flights to Paris and Marseille

1000px-air_france_logo_svg.png

Afriqiyah Airways

Daily flights to Tripoli and Benghazi

afriqiyah-airways-logo.jpg

afriqiyah.jpg

Emirates

Daily flights to Dubai and Dhahran

500px-emirates_logo_svg.png

emirates.jpg

Qatar Airways

Daily flights to Doha and Riyadh

1000px-qatar_airways_logo_svg.png

qatar_airways.jpg

Royal Jordanian

Flights three times a week to Ammann and Aqaba

1000px-royal_jordanian_logo_svg.png

royal_jordanian.jpg

Now that you know how to get to Gharbiyya there is no excuse not to visit this fine country! We are almost finished with the city of Lagouira and will probably be moving on to another country in the Zouérat Islamic Federation, either the Mahibadhoos (a collection of atolls off the coast of Africa), or the Emirate of Dhahran (an ultra modern, oil-rich Emirate in the Middle East). Let me know which you would like to visit next and I will see what can be arranged.

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

Love!
Yay Japanese Firm!!! (I LOVE Asia)

*[i]Duck for you* [/i][img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/40.gif[/img]

Share this comment

Inspired by [b]_marsh_[/b]'s airport in Nouadibouh, eh? I just love tight-packed airports, and yours looks very cool... Oh, and those delicious HD plane props...

I'm rooting for Dhahran, I'm afraid I'm going to need a bit more inspiration for my very own skyscraper-dominated emirate!

Share this comment

Congratulations on being the 100th comment for this CJ. The airport was indeed inspired by _marsh_.

Share this comment

VERY..very.. marsh like. Its as if I'm seeing marsh's CJ being recarniated. :P

Good work.

EDIT: Do Mahibadhoos first, slums IMO are more interesting than wealthy cities.

Share this comment

How could I miss this :( ???? Great work here! I suspect though that those nearby residences would recieve some nasty noise pollution :lol:

-As for the other thing, let's go with Dhahran :D , I mean, an ultra-modern oil rich emirate? Sounds awesome! Kind of like Atlantsia, but probably way better since you'll be doing it :yes:

And I thought I had seen a similiar airport before and then I was like duhh, Gansbaai :P

Share this comment

Eugene,

these pics look fantastic..
We really have to put you up with the all time great
airport builders now for sure :golly:

Brian

Share this comment