• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Football Clubs of Lagouira

elavery

lagouira_banner_2.jpg

Replies

ggamgus: Thanks for your constant high ratings.

emperordaniel: Thanks!

matheuspaulo: Thanks!

kakado_to_save: Thanks for your 10/5.

NMUSpidey: I don't speak any Arabic. I just borrow names from maps.

TekindusT: You will be seeing the national stadium today.

noypi07: Thanks! Your wait is over.

Evillions: Thanks for being a regular visitor to the nation of Gharbiyya!

Benedict: Can't believe I am still number one.

lagouira_image_29.jpg

Lagouira's Olympic Stadium (capacity 50,000) fills the role of the National Stadium of Gharbiyya. The national football team plays all of its international matches here and both of Lagouira's football clubs (Al Nasr & Al Ittihad) also play here. The Olympic Stadium sits on the waterfront and is very close to the International Airport.

lagouira_image_28.jpg

lagouira_image_30.jpg

al_nasr_lagouira.jpg

Al Nasr

Al Nasr (Victory in Arabic) is Gharbiyya's most popular club with a fanatical fanbase. Al Nasr has won the Gharbiyyan League 10 times, the Gharbiyyan Cup 5 times, and the Gharbiyyan SuperCup 1 time. The club has recently been going through a tough period having not won the League title in over 10 years. This drought has not affected their fan support however, as you can see below.

al_nasr_fans.jpg

al_ittihad_lagouira.jpg

Al Ittihad

Al Ittihad (United in Arabic) is Gharbiyya's second most popular club, but the most succesful. Al Ittihad has won the League 16 times, the Cup 6 times, and the SuperCup 10 times. Al Ittihad has also had the most success in African Continental Football of any Gharbiyyan club, having reached the semi finals of the CAF Champions League in 2007. Similar to Al Nasr, Al Ittihad also has fanatical fans who cover themselves in red at any chance they get.

al_ittihad_fans.jpg

al_ittihad_fans_2.jpg

Finally, I will be leaving you with another mosaic which offers a sneak peak at the next update, Lagouira's International Airport.

lagouira_mosaic_3.jpg

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

I was expecting one of those ultramodern state-of-the-art stadiums, but not that pictures of passionate fans! Those Al Ittihad fans look quite intimidating!

Hope to see the airport soon!

Share this comment

I can't wait to see the airport!Great update as well. This is amazing! :thumb:

[b]By the way, the second picture of the stadium at day by the water didn't show up. It seems you forgot the "[/img]" at the end. [/b]

Share this comment

[quote name='10000000000000' timestamp='1331475220']
I can't wait to see the airport!Great update as well. This is amazing! :thumb: [b]By the way, the second picture of the stadium at day by the water didn't show up. It seems you forgot the "[/img]" at the end. [/b]
[/quote]

Thanks for spotting that. I have fixed it accordingly.

Share this comment

Yeah, I'd love to have that stadium. Love the big building in the last picture, too. But if the elevators were ever out of order you'd have to sedate me and carry me down those stairs.

Share this comment

long mosiac is loooooooooong :P

All this aside, I've made myself a promise to never ever ever just comment "awesome stuff!" and leave, so my not praise!
The water is IN-FREAKING-TENSE, perhaps grab your PS or your GIMP or whatever it is you're using and tone that ocean down some eh? Like so [url=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bigro/yesh/changed_up.jpg](example)[/url] now that's just me. Apart from that It's very, very, VERY good. 4.5/5 from me.

Share this comment