New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A transit update in Rockaway

k50

Sorry about the color in some of these pictures, I forgot to enhance a few of them. My bad.

e6fd66b2.jpg

Welcome back to Rockaway. Today, we are going to take a ride on the Rockaway Metro line C3. Rockaway Metro operates the rail lines in the city and those in the countryside and smaller towns on the outside, in the province of Hollister, known as the Provincial lines, beginning with the "P" prefix. In the city they act as express lines.

We will start at Dalorpe Park, a major station in a forest of new apartments. The train will head toward the city, crossing a freeway near its end.

6bcce65d.jpg

Hawthorne Station, another rather popular station.

7471cbdf.jpg

Segundo Road is near a stadium used for some college and high school matches, usually championship games in tournaments. It can also act as a fairground.

c8a21b5a.jpg

Crossing the River Theed....

ffe43de8.jpg

Hortaleza Park Station, a station in the middle of a very important and expansive freeway interchange near the downtown. The C7 line will also join us here.

a3c5b5d9.jpg

We then cross over another freeway, and, still on the viaduct, weaves through Downtown Rockaway.

c73b026f.jpg

Nearing the big station now.... a promotional banner for the Simlympics hosted by Insulo has been draped across a building too...

6e2f574a.jpg

The Vera Evans International Terminal, home of plenty of city rail lines and provincial rail lines, but also serves plenty of lines proceeding well into other states, many going much farther than New Chandler City, which is seven hours away from Rockaway.

913e8baf.jpg

Olmstead Avenue is near a high school, hotel, and industrial district being replaced by colorful apartments (like the Pearl District in Portland).

20a00cb2.jpg

This station serves a small mall, Corbin Square.

2a92d12b.jpg

Logics Avenue, a major road leading into an industrial district, which the C5 will enter, leaving the track we (the C3) are on.

22f5b930.jpg

Union Square, a small cluster of new offices and sporting venues. The baseball stadium was recently used in the SIBF Baseball World Cup.

02ca8f05.jpg

Ramsay Avenue crosses an under-construction freeway. The provincial line makes a stop here.

74b45206.jpg

The University of Rockaway station serves one of two campuses of U of R, as well as the stadium that is home of Rockaway United FC during NCFL games (during DPL (international) games they have a different venue).

c9b21cf3.jpg

Seaview Avenue, near another freeway and the end of the line...

6f9b3b70.jpg

Finally, Holladay Station, the end of the line. On the other side of the avenue is the blue waters of the Solvanese Ocean (and a few hotels). What a nice ride.

c88499ca.jpg

Thanks for viewing, here is the route map if you want to see it :) (800x1148 jpeg. Not too big) Oh, and on the map, those blue lines are the freeways. Remember though that one was under construction and isn't on there (it comes between Ramsay and University of Rockaway).

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4264/ncup34pic17.jpg

36 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice, when I saw the name of the update, I thought it would have voting poll, but no, still it looks nice.

Share this comment

great looking city, excellent flow to the neighborhoods. what lot did u use for the high school football field?

Share this comment

You know I've always loved your custom content variety and how wisely you use it; again this update is a CC showdown! I've specially liked your use of Mas71's Japanese River, maybe we could see more of it on next updates...

Share this comment

Where did you find that terminus station shown on Holladay Station? I always 'need' terminus stations in my cities.

Nice city btw, seems you zoned smart.

Share this comment

I'm well aware of that bandwidth problem, it's because so many people have been viewing this update, and there are like 20 pictures, so it went from like 30% to 130% :P It should be fixed by now.

[u][b]REPLIES[/b] for my [b]MOST COMMENTED ENTRY EVER[/b][/u]
[b]the novels:[/b] Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it!
[b]daderic888:[/b] Thanks for commenting, its the [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/2951-estacao-do-oriente/"]Estacao do Oriente by JEC[/url].
[b]Mithrik:[/b] Thanks for commenting, you probably thought it was a poll because all of my other transit updates have them :P Glad you liked it nonetheless though!
[b]the00guvna:[/b] Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it!
[b]panthersimcity4:[/b] Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it!
[b]Alejandro24: [/b]Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it!
[b]DCMetro34: [/b]Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it... hopefully I can put one of your BAT's in sometime soon :)
[b]Joe323: [/b]Thanks for commenting, you should thank the creators sometime!
[b]DanPeterson: [/b]Thanks for commenting, the alleyways are part of the lot the houses come with, you can't download them individually; if you want a link to the houses I can get you one, there is more than one set I used.
[b]ten1902: [/b]Thanks for commenting, glad you liked the flow of things. That stadium is on SC4Devotion, part of the [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1721"]ALN Football Field Set[/url].
[b]Roberto Robato:[/b] Thanks for commenting, those walls are part of the river, which is in the [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1674"]Japan River Project (JRP)[/url] on SC4Devotion.
[b]jugioh1012: [/b]Thanks for commenting, I'm glad you liked it!
[b]TekindusT: [/b]Thanks for commenting, glad you liked it! I'll see about putting the JRP in a future update, it appears people like it! :P
[b]LivingInThePast: [/b]Thanks for commenting, I'm not really sure which stores they are, but I can tell you that [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/index.phpapp=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=198321"]Heblem[/url] made them both.
[b]Hyronymus: [/b]Thanks for commenting, that station was made by Japanese BATer BriPizza, you can find it (along with tons of other great stations) at his [url="http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/"]website[/url]. The exact link is [url="http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/2905Sta/2905Sta.html#2905Sta_b"]this one[/url].

[b]the rest...[/b] That problem should be fixed now :)

Share this comment

the modesty and selective use of buildings is great. i also like the japanese bats used. very ncie work!

Share this comment

I'm glad the images are back because this is an outstanding update. From the stations to the trains to the small sections of your transit map - very good. Do you have a master transit map? I'd like to see it if you do.

Share this comment