Jose26x

Problem with LOD

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello friends I have a problem and I know that here I will find the solution.

I have created a subway station, everything is fine with the station I have problem with the LOD.

In editor everything looks good, when I move the camera the LOD works looks and with the texture and everything, but to save the file and I see it in the game the LOD RUN BUT do not see the texture is seen in White.

Mod LOD only has 500 Tris

20170807204837_1.jpg

20170808035854_1.jpg

20170808035859_1.jpg

20170808035845_1.jpg

Can you make a screenshot of your files? Probably somewhere a filename. Also 500 tris is very excessive. You should be able to do that with 50 max.

• Original Poster
  • I have to on the staying a little bit more about this because the mod lod did I make is only texture,  how I can't reduce de tris. I am my work when I go out I can look and send it

• Original Poster
  • 4 hours ago, Darf said:

Can you make a screenshot of your files? Probably somewhere a filename. Also 500 tris is very excessive. You should be able to do that with 50 max.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

for the lod make a very simple shape .. besides the roof - you station is a cube - so take the cube and then another one as big as the roof - then use texture baking to get the textures for the lod .. this way you can stay under 100 tris for the lod-model.

You lod looks so weird because you wrote LOD instead of lod for your fbx-lod file. The lod showed in the editor was generated and not the one you modeled.

• Original Poster
  • 5 minutes ago, Miccrosshill said:

for the lod make a very simple shape .. besides the roof - you station is a cube - so take the cube and then another one as big as the roof - then use texture baking to get the textures for the lod .. this way you can stay under 100 tris for the lod-model.

You lod looks so weird because you wrote LOD instead of lod for your fbx-lod file. The lod showed in the editor was generated and not the one you modeled.

Untitled.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled11.png

You  need to have consistency with your file names. I can see you have the model filename as LOD and your textures for that model as lod. These need to be the same otherwise they won't match. Just change your model to lod from LOD.

I think there's also some issues with making LODs with SketchUp, since you don't really have control over the UV. Maybe @Darf knows some tricks to get the UV coordinates to behave in SketchUp. Otherwise you'll want to grab another 3D program like 3DS Max or Blender (free) for the LOD.

You can get it done with roadkill, but you are far better of with any other program for uving. I only do poly editing in Sketchup, rest happens in 3ds max. ;) Problem here of the LOD is that his filenaming is not consistent. Filenaming is case sensitive. And yes, I would do redo that lod, looks like a lot of unused geometry.

• Original Poster
  • Hello and thanks for the guide, if I have the name of the LOD wrong in the sense that I did not follow with a continuous route, by the way I do not work with "LOD" has to be "lod".

In the subject of the model LOD I repair everything based on your advice and that of a friend, this is the result 94 tris.

And in the program I am using vray for the uv manual difficult but there are we live

https://skfb.ly/6sQ9D