Sim_Air

INFO: Basic Information for New Members

30 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Basic Information for New Members of Simtropolis

*(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
ST 7.0 (May 2014)

This information is set to accompany "For the Eager, Yet Overwhelmed Newcomer" thread.

Send us a Private Message if you have any further questions...

We have all experienced it; there is nothing to worry about. Your questions about various matters regarding the game and this fabulous community are all waiting somewhere. There is no need to be anxious or frustrated; you will get the hand of things after a while. Perhaps you become a member that will dedicate some of his time to help other members get going! Either way, you must first pass the beginning.

Therefore, for new members that are experiencing difficulties, this thread has been created to satisfy most of your needs and requests, whether they are simple questions about where and how to more suitable information about rather complicated and advanced instructions.

Here, we do not provide answers to your questions, we only give you the source of the answer. You will have to walk that door alone; the Source will give you all the requested answers ahead.

By clicking on the following links, you will be redirected to places that you have requested. In simple terms, this a normal map about the game and the community.

SIMCITY (2013)

1) The official site of SimCity (2013). It is an amazing site with lots of tutorials, tips and tricks as well as EA's official blog about latest updates and expansion packs.

http://simcity.com

2) The Official SimCity (2013) Blog. Here, you can see the latest developments from Maxis about SimCity (2013).

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog

3) Here is a simple FAQ of that site:

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/faq

4) Here is the Game Manual:

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/manual

5) For those people who  want to know the status of the Online Servers, please visit here:

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/server-status

SIMCITY 4

===

Next Category: Simtropolis

7) The simtropolis community includes various features, like forums, a downloading page, etc. Firstly, we introduce you to the Forum:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/

A good place to start out for help is the forum your in now!  And better yet, take a look at "Welcome New Comers"  A very helpful post for getting off of the ground.

Important: Remember that each forum page has a few threads that contain explanation about that particular forum you were redirected. In simple words, guides about each place in the forums are "pinned", and they are first in each page(looking red, with a pin)

8)The simtropolis famous chatroom, where any questions may possibly be immediately answered! Please behave...

http://www.simtropolis.com/chat/index.cfm

9) The tutorial section, Omnibus, includes simple and amazing steps about the gameplay and other procedures, like guides and rules; everything is extremely easy to read:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/index.cfm?FTVAR_SUBCAT=137&nocookies=y&subcatname=SimCity%204%20Omnibus

11) This is the master of simtropolis; the Simtropolis Exchange is the place you will find anything to "update" your game. Something like cheats but not exactly. Those downloads are there to raise the quality and realism of your city. Type in the search what you need  and you will see miracles appear in front of you. Thank all those designers for making everything; they are simple people like you and me.

Be careful: Downloads are either for SimCity 4 Vanilla, simple in one word, and either for Rush Hour. Just watch out for that special icon that indicates compatibility. Otherwise, if you have Deluxe, there is nothing to worry about.

Lastly: Those downloads, some of them at least, around the millions inside, have dependencies. If a specific download has then the author and designer will give you the link or/and source of that dependancy.

Always read the texts for every download; it is extremely advisable. Otherwise, there will be something done wrong and you will have tricky problems, that will only cause frustration. This isn't a code red; just a tip for you in order to enjoy your game better.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?page=1

12) This isn't the STEX, this is the page that has modds and other downloads that improve the quality and realism of your game not directly; there are maps and tools included as well.

http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?page=1&view=all

13) For any questions at all, please send me a Private Message. If you don't know how to do that, leave a reply here with your question. I am sure i haven't covered everything. Therefore i will try to constantly update this thread, in order to satisfy the game's needs.

*UPDATED TO ST 7.0 STANDARDS BY TONRAQ*
NOT Ready for use....

Thanks for making this.

If you are serious about this sort of thing then I recommend you join the SHS, you are specially invited so PM if you do.

I think this tread should go up^^^ wheres the ather newies informasion is,
like The All-in-One Simtropolis Guide to Posting, Simtopolis rules etc...

Good Job Sim_Air44.gif

Cheers!!!

Good work with this Sim_Air. This thread will be especially helpful for newbies. I think this thread should be pinned. 49.gif

Alright we can get this transfered to the Omnibus as you are joining the SHS so there is no need to pin this.

EDIT: Okay change of plan for ST 5.0, this is now pinned.

Haha! Too true HannahG, thanks for the imput!

This guide is over two years old and in desperate need for an update.

Hey. I where is the "new topic" or "create topic botton". I have been looking for it for like an hour now 4.gif . Or is there some kind of a system or activation mail i didn't submit to?

i have Gmail...?

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: chocolatemax285 Haha! Too true HannahG, thanks for the imput!

This guide is over two years old and in desperate need for an update.quote>

Well it is old...it is indeed desperate for a better update. I will have a look into it. I apologise for not looking this through but i guess i haven't been in for like months.......or a year or so....i was surprised to see it there after so long...anyway...lol...i am back!

EDIT: FINALLY UPDATED

Originally posted by: Sim_Airanyway...lol...i am back!quote>

And thank god! 4.gif Nice update, this guide sure does look a bit more than a bit better than it did a couple of months ago. 2.gif

I think someone needs to move that "new topic" button so people can see it easier.

If people are looking for a "post new topic" button for over an hour...well thats a problem.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Psycho_Teddy I love how it says (in English) that if you don't speak English, to follow these directions (written in English). 3.gif Just an observation!quote>

Well, yeah, I only know English but anyway...

The chatroom, during peak hours, is indeed pretty helpful. Just have patience.

Help i have put all my mods in plugins i have deluxe btw and they are jumbled with other things like landmarks,commercial together. ihave gone into landmarks and cannot find a single 1 help!

In the process MG, thanks though. 4.gif

This forum will soon be more organized, and possibly a few threads merged together. Please be patient!

Bitte, bitte.... falls ein deutscher user hier ist, könnte er/sie mir das bitte erklären?

Was mache ich falsch?

Vielen Dank im voraus!

[#10860] You have exceeded the maximum amount of downloads allotted to you by the administrator for the day.

grüsse silviasusann

Edited by silviasusann  

@Silviasusan: Vielleicht zu spät, aber es meint dass Sie heute zu viel haben heruntegeladen. Das kann für technischen Problemen sorgen.

Ich hoffe das Sie es lesen und nun verstehen. :)

Grüss, Vivapanda

For those of us who is not yet fluent in anglo-simmish, Is there a glossary on common used acronyms and abbreviations somewhere? (I found one but it was only relevant to the Network Addon Mod)

Try this SC4 Glossary... might be a good place to start: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=SC4_Glossary

In regard of the expanding sc2013 section and that most of the older ea-links to sc4 don't work anymore this quite important topic (because eye catching for new members) should be rewritten. 

I'll work on it :)

Sorry – instead of criticise I should had offered help.

But if I helped it would end up as a sort of academic commemorative speech. You'd seek information even more. So better not.

Thank you.