• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

florent94

what's the best skyscraper in the usa?

81 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I wanted to know what is the best skyscraper in america so I posted this topic to get the advices of simtropolis users .2.gif

I agree with Pixelrage: the Chrysler Building is my favourite. There's something so elegant about those lines--plus, and maybe this is Woody Allen's fault, but I always think of "Rhapsody in blue" when I see pictures of the building. How many skyscrapers have their own theme music?

There's a great website for the Skyscraper Museum, which is worth a look:

http://www.skyscraper.org/home.htm

I've never been to see it, but the museum looks like a must see for SimCity tower fans.

That is a nice one too. And you both are good with your choices.  I happen to really like that building too, but, I just like the Empire State Building more.

THANK YOU McJASON513!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But just so everyone gets the picture(not to be mean) the question was best in AMERICA. Not just NYC

Well, being a Chicagoan, I have to say either the Sears or the John Hankcock. Come on, now that the WTC is destroyed, John is the most reconizable building in the world! Sears is a triumpth of victory, showing how strong Chicago is! Held the crown for (I think) (almost) 30 years! You can't beat that in a decent, functional, office building! Bring it on, cause by 2010, Fordham is gonna be done! NYC sucks! lol! Here's a pic of Chicago.

chicagoskyline1iy.jpg

Actually you can beat it.  The Empire State Building was tallest for 41 years counted myself.  And The John Hancock Center is not the most recognizable building out there.  Its the Empire State Building and The Chrysler Building that are the 2 most recognizable in the worl and thats a fact I looked it up myself.  A long time ago of course.

o0o0o0o0 and of Course DO NOT INSULT MY FAVORITE CITY IN THE WORLD, BECAUSE I WILL COME UP THERE AND HAVE TO TEAR DOWN CHICAGO BY HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Chicago is my 2nd favorite compared to New York.  Plus I only live an hour away from there.

Plus I thinkk Fordham Spire has a lowsy architecutural structure.

The empire state building has so much fame and plus I don't mean to be negitive but its sorta getting old and the USA wants to be more and more modern everyday so I would have to choose.... Sears tower or the John Hankcock center. And I beileve the John Hankcock center is "the only" build in the usa that lets you go up to the top for a great veiw. All other buildings stopped doing this after 9/11. Am I right?

Just about but not totally.  1 week before Thanksgiving 05, I went to the top of the Empire State Building.  So there still allowing that in New York.

Awww thats cool. I have always wanted to go to new york city. And I mostly likely will one day. But i think it would be awesome. Whats your favorite thing to do there?

Well I am always amazed with New York every time I go there.  I usually walk around lookin up at the buildings.  And then I bump into people cause I cant see them while Im looking up.  But anyway I visit stores, eat.  Eating there is the best thing I could have ever done.  Even the street vendors have great food.  I went into the giant Toys R Us store that was amazing.  Theres just so many things to do that its not even funny.  Its a great city. 

Yeah thats what I hear. I really want to go there. Have you visted the memorial at the wtc site? I have been seeing alot of pictures in that paper about that. The fountains looks pretty big. Sorry were sorta off the topic but what a thread becomes is what a thread becomes.

No i didnt.  Its kind of too sad for me to go there.  only because those were my 2 most favorite buildings in the world, and I saw them across the bay every day until 9/11

I think this is in the wrong forum for this topic, maybe Architecture Urbanism and Planning?

For the record, I'd have to say mine is the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco.

Yup ok back to the topic.

Ok well when the new building is build at the wtc site I think that will be the best. I sorta think that its cool how it will be 1,776 feet tall, just like the year are country became a country 1776. When is that opening again? Was it 2008...... I forgot. It is in my g. world record book 2006 and I can't find it at the moment.....

bout 2010.  Only because of all the delay.  and Crunchbite.  Those are nice building choices, I enjoy them at times.

Usad25 if you want to keep talking about this put it in another thread or just send me a private message or whatever.

Dusk, I agree with you. Johnson's best work is the Williams Tower, in my opinion.

Anyways, WTC is my favorite building (You didn't say it had to still be standing). It is like no other building because it stands for hope, freedom, strength, bravery, and many other things.

Manman, you do know you could have talked with that other guy in chat, right? Also, now please don't freak out on me, but you do know that you violated a Simtropolis rule, right? It is known as the 'two post rule'.

Some wonderful more modern towers here---plus I love that picture of Chicago, SC4Noobie!

But here's an older one for you all. If I may expand the borders of the discussion to include a Canadian building (we're in NORTH America, at least!), I've always loved the Sun Tower in Vancouver, in my home province of B.C. When it was completed in 1912, it was the tallest building in the British Empire. A little smaller than the Sears Tower, I admit, but still a gem.

img_3480.sized.jpg  sun-t1.jpg