Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

popewiz

Miami-Dade County

24 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • Some of you may recall my Miami-Dade CJ that I started last summer.  Unfortunately, when I moved at the end of the summer back to school, my computer crapped out, so I lost pretty much everything.  It wasn't all bad though as there were things about that CJ that I didn't like and wanted to change.  So, this is my second (and hopefully my last) attempt at Miami-Dade County.  This city journal will be 12 x 16 large cities (3072 square kilometers, 1185 square miles) encompassing Florida City and Homestead at the south all the way up to the Dade/Broward boundary in the north.  I hope you all are patient because I'm starting in the south this time.  I figure I'll build up demand through the farming areas as I move north.  I've finished the transportation network in the first 2 city squares, so expect an update soon!

Here's a quick preview of the area I'll be recreating:

MD_01.JPG

Miami should be a fun city to recreate, with all of the suburban sprawl it has. I'd like to see how you take the challenge of creating a swamp in SC4, considering how Miami is surrounded by them. You appear to have picked quite a large area to recreate, but I wish you good luck.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for all the well wishes, I hope to have something for you real soon!

pickled_pig: I haven't really considered how to create a swamp, something I need to do.

packersfan: I plan on hand-terraforming the whole thing.  It's very difficult to creat a map from USGS that has the exact scale I want.  Also, because the highest point in Miami-Dade is 15ft above sea level, I'll only need to terraform the coasts.

OMG finally someone makes a CJ of miami, i have been waiting for this like forever!!!

can't wait to see some SC4 pic's

Miami is my home town ya know 3.gif2.gif

I remember the first attempt at Miami-Dade, and was I disappointed when the pictures suddenly disappeared. I await the coming of this county. I remember in your first attempt, you attention to detail, even the highway on/off ramps, particularly the

Coral Way
    and 826 exit. I was very impressed. I live in the Kendall area, right off SW 88th Street, and SR-874, so you know I will be commenting on this CJ with great frequency. I hope to see Miami-Dade come to full fruition. Please, do us Justice.

• Original Poster
  • Ok, here's a quick update of my progress so far.  This is the extreme southwest corner of the region showing Florida City, and the beginning of the Florida Turnpike.  There is a lot of agriculture in this area which you will see in some future pictures.  Also, I need to find a good mall on STEX, but I haven't been able to, so if anyone knows of a good one please let me know.

MD_02.jpg

great job so far and i can't wait to see close ups. 

after seeing you needed a mall i searched and found one that looks like it would fit in perfect in Miami. it's call RNP Shoppingcenter. just search it on the stex and it should come up.

can't wait to see more!

• Original Poster
  • shivsood:  That's the plan.  I'd like it to be as close to reality as possible.

Goin2Chicago:  Thanks, I'll try and get that fit in, there's quite a few malls in the are I'm doing right now, so you should see it soon.

A quick question, do any of you know how to get agriculture demand back up?  I have a lot already, but I need to add significantly more for it to look right.

Are you looking for STEX stuff for Southland Mall (Cutler Ridge Mall)? Cannot wait to see the agriculture west of SW 192 Ave. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Question: Are you putting the schools where they are in real life, or where there are appropiate for their education radius? The same goes for police/fire stations, hospitals, etc.

The roads look great, and I can't wait to see the sprawl into the farms off of SW 184 ST (Eureka) and west of the Turnpike, like SW 137 Ave and Naranja Road. Looking foward to this CJ, and you'll see many comments from me, since I love my county, Miami-Dade.

I thought i was having Deja vu or something.....

Great reattempt at a CJ!

I really did like your last CJ and I bet this will be even better!