• -Alex24-
    -Alex24-

SimCity BuildIt announced

SimCity is coming to tablet and smartphones with SimCity BuildIt. According to Maxis it will be available soon on Android and IOS.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Aha, now you know why bigger cities are not possible. They want to milk also tablet and phone users. I'm really starting to hate Maxis. once a great fan.

Share this comment

I like the Simcity series a lot, but this is just a waste of money for them. 

All that matters is if it makes a profit. If it does, then it's money well spent.

Share this comment

Just seems a little greedy... but what can you expect from big business... It won't sell and then it'll vanish like any other failed project... Its best to just not think about it...

Share this comment

I got SimCity 4 for iOS and I hated it (mostly because of the horrible touch controls and the lack of large maps). I am guessing that this port won't fair well either, especially since this time they're porting an already mediocre game. Seems like anything Maxis touches these days turns to dust. Just look at the disaster that's Sims 4. What happened to you Maxis?

P.S.: Is it just me or do the cities in the screenshot look SMALLER than the ones in the PC version? 

Share this comment

It is probably going to have the cities built already when you start the game. Just like the mobile Simcity 4.

That would suck! Defeats the whole purpose of a city-builder!!!

Share this comment

People don't want something that runs for hours on end on their phones.  Perhaps a version for an ARM tablet would make sense if the tablet had enough resources (memory, storage), but if they port that code, it would prove that they are just being practical (stingy) about porting for Linux.

Share this comment

And here it is, the real reason citiy sizes are limited ...

Cynic.  Do you really think that EA/Maxis is clever enough to plan this far ahead?

no.............

Share this comment

On the screenshots again we see those hatred dotted white lines confining to the start the creativity of city builders... When will MAXIS turn over on this faulty strategies?

Hardware went so forward with performances and the game is more limited than decades ago. This can't work.

I will never be tired to say: B I G G E R   M A P S.

Isn't it the secret of success of minecraft? The feeling of the infinite no boudaries creativity, even with limited bricks resolution. People went crazy with that.

No future inside a dotted cage, especially in front of the shores. :-)

Share this comment