• NCGAIO
    NCGAIO

SimCity beta lets to players chosen play each city by "One Hour" in his Origin account

Just to be a little clearer about the time limit for testing a city in beta simcity since there is the mandatory to subscribe ORIGEN.

After the Tutorial each chosen city in the region can be played for an hour only. So diversify the locations chosen to become aware of the possibilities of the game.

For those who do not want to waste time learning how use the GUI just search videos on the NET over a

which are available

Good opportunity to evaluate the game, if time permits of course

:read: Note:: Read carefully.

User Feedback

So the question in the beta registration "how many hours per week can you play the beta" was irrelevant?

This is not a beta this is a publicity stunt and at best it's a way to test how the servers handle load, but I dont doubt there will issues on launch day.

Ugh this just gets more and more disappointing

Share this comment

Maybe I misread it, but I don't think I did.

You play a tutorial first, then you get one hour per city. So you can play 24 hours but you have to play at least 24 cities for example.

So actually it's not that bad, though I can't comprehend the point of one hour per city.

@Jon889 @simcity First you do the tutorial, then you can play as many 1-hour-long cities as you can cram in during the beta period.

— Ocean Quigley (@oceanquigley)

January 19, 2013

Share this comment

The same reason for the demos presented previously at the fairs.

Time enough for new users to like the game and not enough for the more experienced assess performance..

In other words .... buy to see!

Share this comment

how is 1 hour of gameplay on any city going to beta test something. Isnt the beta ment to find last minute bugs?

whats the best way to scientificly prove something? You take as large as possible group to test something on for the longest time. This brings the most reliable results

This is the opposite, large group, limited time. Any idea how many bugs oyu willa ctually miss? Beta testing isnt for gameplay experiance, they should have fixed that in alpha testing. So basicly yeah, publicity stunt >_<

i'm actually betting the game starts bugging beyond 1 hour and they want to hide it :P

Share this comment

Folks please, you are not supposed to use your brains. You are supposed to blindly buy and then shout how amazing it is everywhere you go.

Share this comment

When they say 25th-28th. They mean 25th to 27th. ("28th 12:01AM). While most people would say 25th-27th, (27th 11:59PM).

Which is incredibly annoying as my exams finish on the 28th so I was planning on trying the beta (assuming I get a code) on the 28th afternoon...

Share this comment

Folks please, you are not supposed to use your brains. You are supposed to blindly buy and then shout how amazing it is everywhere you go.

And when it is not fantastic? ... maybe not even be satisfying..

We left around saying that our brain was fooled?

Nowadays just wait a week or two and the network will be full of information then my brain says to wait.

Share this comment

Well ... as 'm included I can say that will not hear from me nothing about playing the "demo" Beta or the game.

I'd rather invest the money on more interesting things than has been presented so far in this case.

Share this comment

I can't figure out what they are trying to accomplish with only allowing an hour of play. Is this a test of the game or only the servers?

If it is a test of the game, I have only one comment: You have got to be kidding. It takes hours of play to find out anything about a new game.

Share this comment

its crap. only 1 hour? what if i want to keep playing beyond that? maxis shouldent put a time limit. so far the only reason its there, as far as i know via research, is because theres limited things to do. well, so what? dont kick us off after 1 hour, let us play. thats what games are for, to play.

Share this comment

I played the beta for 1 hour. You get the tutorial and then 1 hour of play. It was OK. I'm hoping they plan on making some changes before release. I found myself wanting it to be more like SimCity4. I think I would have been happy with SimCity4 & better graphics TBQFH. The beta play graphics seemed to be dulled down (I hope!). I think they've missed out on a few of the more "fun" parts of the SC games. I don't like having to utilize the "existing" transportation infrastructure.

Share this comment