• Haljackey
    Haljackey

SimCity (2013) Might Get Bigger Cities, Subway Network

The development team at Maxis and publisher Electronic Arts are asking the fan base of SimCity to offer their feedback on the features that they might want to see in a potential expansion for the game, which has not yet been officially announced.

Images taken from a survey suggest that the game might get increased city sizes, which might double the current limits.

There are also questions about a potential metro network, more naming options for sims and for streets and better abilities to reshape terrain.

Maxis seems to also be considering a true cooperative system that would allow two players to work on a city at the same time.

It’s unclear whether the development team wants to get input from the fans on the content of a future expansion for SimCity or if the studio is simply gauging the popularity of features it is already working on.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

SC13 has been on the market for 4 months, we are currently 5 patches deep already (soon to be 6) and the game is still broken.  Don't get me wrong, it has improved but in my opinion, it is still not playable to any kind of accuracy someone (or at least myself) would expect from a retail product.  Maxis/EA, fix the vanilla product and get it where the consumer expects it to be before you start talking expansion.

Share this comment

Q/The development team at Maxis and publisher Electronic Arts are asking the fan base of SimCity to offer their feedback on the features that they might want to see in a potential expansion for the game, which has not yet been officially announced.

Ummm, were they not told about a million times what the fan base(mostly) wanted, in essence, a modernized and updated version of SC4D and not the rancid dud the were hell bent on producing? What part of that did they not understand?

Share this comment

Q/The development team at Maxis and publisher Electronic Arts are asking the fan base of SimCity to offer their feedback on the features that they might want to see in a potential expansion for the game, which has not yet been officially announced.

Ummm, were they not told about a million times what the fan base(mostly) wanted, in essence, a modernized and updated version of SC4D and not the rancid dud the were hell bent on producing? What part of that did they not understand?

They understood none of it. And it is clear they never learn from the SCS debacle so why would they listen to us now. What they need to do is take the stupid DRM out which is harming sales and then let the modders fix up the game this something EA isn't capable of doing. EA will never bring the game up to the standard of SC4.

Share this comment

The key word here is "might". This basically means either anything or nothing will happen. I wouldn't get too excited unless there's an official confirmation.

Also, why does it take a survey for our suggestions to be heard? This would be fine a year ago, but the fact is, the game's already 4 months old! :P

Share this comment

I'm enjoying SC4 with the recent NAM release immensely all over again, have been playing Prison Architect, and am looking forward to Banished and eventually Chris Roberts' Star Citizen. Any longing I had for the new SimCity disappeared sometime in April or May. Nothing will make it appealing for me, even if they double the size of the city plots and add offline saves. I'm as much against the arrogance of EA as I am any specific flaws in the game at this point and will never install a game requiring Origin to play.

Share this comment

All EA has to do is read the blogs to find out what people want.

Here's a general list EA if your listening and maybe I'd buy.

1. NO DRM

2. Massive cities (doubling city size won't cut it, at least 4 times the size, this isn't 2003) but even 8x8 is too small.

3. Priority should be city building not Sims.

4. Rail...does this game have rail yet?

5. Custom content, this adds variety and creativity which is better than a cookie cutter game. 

6. Remove all that useless data so that the game isn't being overly taxed!

Share this comment

I'm enjoying SC4 with the recent NAM release immensely all over again, have been playing Prison Architect, and am looking forward to Banished and eventually Chris Roberts' Star Citizen. Any longing I had for the new SimCity disappeared sometime in April or May. Nothing will make it appealing for me, even if they double the size of the city plots and add offline saves. I'm as much against the arrogance of EA as I am any specific flaws in the game at this point and will never install a game requiring Origin to play.

Word for word, exactly the same thing for me, too.

Share this comment

Me too I love SC4 thanks to all the brilliant people who keep making it a new name with each new mod. Now if I could have unlimited city size and curved road I would still be playing it.

Share this comment

Lol, who cares...Simcity 2013 is rubbish and no amount of tweeks will change that. Too babish looking, why would I want to make a little cartoon city in 2013 when I can make a completely custom-themed, realistic one in SC4.

Like others said: the main focus (or end game) is to build a city or town that looks amazing. Simulation is good but it shouldn't come at the expense of aesthetics imo.

Share this comment

"...in a potential expansion..."

Sure, we'll get bigger cities and a few other bells and whistles - which should have been in the original game - after shelling out another $30 or $40 for an expansion.

Share this comment

m sorry, but theses things should have already been in the main game not expansion.

"...in a potential expansion..."

Sure, we'll get bigger cities and a few other bells and whistles - which should have been in the original game - after shelling out another $30 or $40 for an expansion.

I totally agree with you two guys. Most, if not all of the content propositions I have seen in the images should have been in a $60 or even $80 game at launch.

I do hope that they will add some of the stuff and I do hope they won't charge or won't charge much for it. The latter is only a dream, though. Oh well.

But Mr. Moose is probably right on this one. Unless my hopes are fulfilled and those Maxis employees who care for a real SimCity (if they exist) are just now getting a bit more liberty on the game.

'Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt' (Hope dies last), as they say over here in Germany. Which supported my dreams of a new SimCity for the last few years. And for a good new SimCity from now on.

Share this comment

interesting how people still have time to browse all over this sc5 web-info: patches, rumors, reviews and bash and bash again and again those poor ea ). Seems that there was so much expectations. I mean, there are so many custom patches fixes mods and buildings were made for sc4, and in such variety, and still coming out. Gamers are just cant believe that major developer with money and 10 years time couldnt at least have wish to assimilate and implement some of those ideas and expectations for new game, but instead making much worser product with some game-unrelated pure market-high-jacking features, and even charge for it big-time.

Share this comment