• pcwhiz24
    pcwhiz24

Cities XXL Now Available on Steam!

Design, build, and manage the world's largest and most diverse cities in Cities XXL. Bigger and better than ever before a more powerful game engine and new interface, become the mayor of your very own sprawling metropolis.

The Cities XL franchise returns with Cities XXL, now available for download and next week in stores! Cities XXL is a bigger, more complete city-builder pushing the city limits to the edge of your imagination. Running on an improved game engine for enhanced performances, Cities XXL offers classic and extended city-building content, including over 1000 buildings and structures, over 65 maps including new landscapes and environments, and ecological features making Cities XXL the 'greenest' Cities XL game yet.

User Feedback

Uneventful launch, basically the same game as CXL 2012, what's more to expect? Oh I forgot, its now $40.

Another city building "game" to write down in history as failure. Hope for the best in the future.

Share this comment

Having played the game actually,, I like to think that its the same game, but with all the improvements that everyone was asking for in the beginning.. multi core support, being able to handle huge cities, although an freight train system is not yet available which is essential in any city sim doesn't mean there not one coming..the only thing that I'm unhappy about is not having all the mods created for the previous game being available.. I have to have pitty's RHW mod before I commit some hours to this game

Share this comment

$40 is a lot for a city simulation that has no native mode for my machine.  I think I'll watch the forum on this for words of encouragement before I commit.

Share this comment

I think CXXL could be a good starting point for them to make it better. Now that biggest flaw has been fixed they can actually start working on adding more to the game. I personally dont think its THAT expensive. Especially looking at games like SimCity. And besides if you already had older version you get 50% discount. SInce i live in Norway for me it costed same as one drink at club :D.

I have it and im satisfied. Though im still looking forward to Cities Skylines.

Share this comment

$40 is a lot for a city simulation that has no native mode for my machine.  I think I'll watch the forum on this for words of encouragement before I commit.

You have to know that price is sure to come down .... sooner than you might think.... and I also believe that 10$ is a decent price for a game that has been re-released, what now, 3 or 4 times...

Share this comment

80% negative reviews on Steam speaks for itself. I can't believe anyone is happy with it, come on people, have some self respect. 

Share this comment

80% negative reviews on Steam speaks for itself. I can't believe anyone is happy with it, come on people, have some self respect. 

90% of negative reviews on steam is from people who barely played the game for 30 min and was hopping for something it never was offering. Seriously

Share this comment

That dude in the video was a complete idiot and obviously never played a CXL game though he kept stating he did. Like the part where he said "you can now plop buildings individually what a neat new feature" idiot, that's been in since 2009.

Or the slight jittering with the camera when on ground level. That's also been in since the start.

Share this comment

I can understand the frustration of the majority and their reasons why they are miffed. But as a first timer I think I'm gonna give it a shot when the price drops a bit or maybe even sooner.

I've always shied away from this series because of reading about the memory leaks, performance issues, etc. So many people giving thumbs down are also saying it's not a bad game if you haven't already sunk your money into previous versions just to get to this point.

Share this comment

I think they fixed some of those performance issues with this one. I played it last night and had no issues. Only a little confused at first cause I'm used to the blue interface.

The atmosphere effects give it a nice touch,can't wait to see more of them.

And with a modding community it makes the game that much more better to play.

Only gripe I have is still no rail system for freight and passenger like Simcity has and this building filter thing that was added. Other then those two imo it's worth a try.

Share this comment

All the negative reviews are from those who never appreciated the game in the beginning (well maybe most of the reviews).  Once the already released mods are compatible with the new version it might even give Sim City 4 and 5 a run for its money....  Its hard to believe that they would release it without a functioning above ground rail system... Could it actually be that its was just too hard or they just couldn't be bothered.... enquiring minds want to know

Share this comment

There's a community patch for that now if you haven't heard or got it already. Not sure if I would get in trouble for posting this here but nonetheless if it helps.

http://xlnation.city...unity-mod.1221/

Thanks for the effort.... but it doesn't help... They've come out with a compatibility list and unfortunately Pitty's RHW mod wasn't on it.. .. Pitty .... if you're out there, will you and michmunchie or mickeymakie PLEASE COME BACK.... I've got MONEY....

Share this comment

I do like CitesXXL. I have noticed the performance is better on XXL and I like that Focus Home Interactive never changed the game totally. However, I think SimCity 4 Deluxe will be always my favourite. I will patiently wait for Cites:Skylines to see what they have in store.

Share this comment

I'm a first timer and the game just didn't cut for me...Kinda regret the wasted money...Hope Skylines will be what I'm looking for...

Share this comment

I already owned XL and I bought it. I general I like this game but... EEEEEEeeeewwwww again I see those ugly dwarfs with big heads walking in the streets and I lose every enthusiasm. Cant believe they didnt remodel the citizens, and there is not any option to remove them. There were no need of multicore removing all those poligons from the ugly walkers. Sigh

I also really looking forward to skylines.

Share this comment

I went in with my eyes open to buy this game, not expecting too much. Despite the negatives about this game some of the improvements they have made to the engine,multi core support etc have allowed me to enjoy the game far more than the previous incarnations. Focus mistake was probably charging existing users too much for this game. Luckily I bought previous editions on massive discount in steam sales so paying 15.00 wasn't too much of a sting for me. 

Share this comment