Drury Woods

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Agricultural region with a lot of potential. I is in a broad flat valley, along the River Fane, in broad swaths of wood lands and farms. As we progress, I hope you will feel free to give the worthy folks here advice on how to develop their regions potential.

Dick Wright

Entries in this City Journal

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

raynev1

Thanks. I'm starting to add other city tiles now.

kschmidt

Thanks for the measurement formula. I used it and the runway is 10,000 feet. I think the picture in the paper did not give a good view of it's length.

slickbg56

We have sever large call centers in my area including Verizon and Comcast, which employ a lot of people. Thanks.

kelistmac

Thanks for the interest.

oDrRBn.jpg

9cTKgz.png

ZsvDY9.png

dBNPDj.png

bZtMrF.png

XqdHxt.png

rVJykH.png

Thanks for the visit - Dick

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

kschmidt

I will run power lines to the other cities, even though the have their own power sources to add to the effect. Power lines are a common and normal fixture in most city-scapes.

kingofsimcity

LOL. The pond pack has a 4x4 plop that helped some, but it did take some time. Thanks.

Takingyouthere

I haven't found a plop texture that doesn't leave the repeating rectangles. But yes, it did come out fairly well, even the spillway. Thanks.

5Nwvi2.jpg
  EiZoOj.jpg

Thanks for the visit! - Dick

rewright

Otter Creek Dam

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

kschmidt

I originally intended to just expand the town gradually but I realized the original downtown afforded very limited room for expansion, and commercial growth would end up being sprawled out over the whole region. The town needed a city center so I put it to the citizens (you folks who have been following the region) and took some of each suggestion. I will now try to slow down a bit. Thanks again for your input!

DavidDHetzel

If you do a search on the STEX you should find them, if not, let me know and I will try to track the links down. Some of the stuff has been in my files for quite a while and I am not sure exactly where I got them. Again, let me know if you have trouble finding them.

cUaGTX.jpg

VDDnml.png

Xzp5in.png

IirrsB.png

i9In2H.png

fCMNQ8.png

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

raynev1

I play a region. Folks from one city may work in another. I guess 4 gig for plug ins is not unreasonable, but it would still be quite a job  going through it and making sure needed stuff got included.

kschmidt

There were more civic items than might be obvious at first sight: schools, police and fire, health care, etc. I have added more with this update. Thanks!

DavidDHetzel

Wow, that is quite a commercial area. I will be adding some of that to other areas. Thanks for the picture!

Odainsaker

Thank you for the detailed plan for the new down town. As you can see, I used most of what you laid out, with some modifications and additions. The plan really helped! What do you think of the area so far. I want to add more detail. Thanks.

3UKw28.jpg

P8fMB1.jpg

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

Wallibuk

Thank you for stopping by!

korver

I'm happy you enjoy it.

kschmidt

Yes, the same plug in folder, which is right at 4g. I know it should be overhauled but I am not sure what the best method is for a job like that. You mentioned civic lots. Is that some out there better than the stock lots?

Thanks for the input.

YAcUFM.jpg

QsleXc.jpg

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections