Delcony

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Delcony is a small country that formed after the fall of the Riechenhast Empire. Come explore this quaint little country with me.

Entries in this City Journal

edwarjo89

The City of Riverton

The City of Riverton

The City of Riverton is just north of Candahar City along the Candahar River. Riverton is the second oldest city in Delcony.

Riverton, and the surounding nieghborhoods, are a part of the Candahar-Riverton Metropolitan Area located in Cadahar County. The city is bordered by the Cadahar River to the east, the Liam River to the north, and Mount Liam, which is part of the Cadahar mountain range, to the west.

A political/topographic map of Riverton.

Rivertonpol.png

The original settlement of Riverton is now known as Old city and Englishtown, just north of the Pratt nieghborhood in Candahar.

Englishtown is known for its red-roofed town homes and regionally known landmarks. Those buildings who define Englishtown are not very complex or grand but carry a long standing history, local and regional.

Rivertonlarge.png

We'll start our tour of Riverton here in the city section of Englishtown.

Englishtownlarge.png

Here is the Englishtown Circle area of the city.

EnglishtownCircle.png

Englishtown Circle Park

EnglishtownCirclePark.png

Delouis Street and Krista Park.

DelouisStreetandKristaPark.png

Englishtown Elementary School.

EnglishtownElementry.png

Englishtown Clocktower overlooking the streets of Englishtown.

EnglishtownClockTower.png

Saint Andrews Roman Catholic Church.

SaintAndrewsCatholicChurch.png

Wilkstien's Pharmesutical opened in 1703 with one doctor and one nurse; Mr. and Mrs. Wilkstien. Now over three hundred years later Wilkstien's Pharmesutical is still open for buisines, although the clinic has been incorporated by the Candahar County Medical Systems Board, CCMSB, the Wilkstien family still owns and opperates the pharmacy and clinic.

WilkstiensPharmesutical.png

Following Main Street into the Old City section of the city we pass the "Shopping Block"

The "Shopping Block" encompasses the 700 block of main street. This is the local 'mall' if you will with nine seperate buildings varying in levels. 740 Main Street is the adress of the Vinton Building, the tallest, which house huge top name brands such as; Louie Viton, Dolche & Gabanna, Gucci, Armini, and Versachi, which can be found on the uppermost floors.

710 - 790 Main Street

MainStreet.png

MainStreet2.png

Old City

Old City hasn't changed all that much over the past few decades but city legislature has passed an urban renewal bill to begin late next year.

Although the urban renewal project has not yet begun, many home owners have hired private contractors to begin revamping their old brownstones to a more modern looking row home.

OldCity.png

Just north of Old City is Tones Corner. many of the city's civic buildings are found here. But the most renown building of all is the Hall of Tones. A very old and illustrace building, no one knows exactly what the temple was used for. Scientist have, however, studied the vast white marble monolith and have found that the temple has wonderful accustics and near perfect resonance. Concluding that the hall was probably used in ritual singing by a religion that no longer exist today.

HallofTones.png

The temple has been excavated and renovated to bring it back to what it would have looked like in ancient times, or as close to it as possible. But once adorned with beautiful paintings, frescos, and statuettes the Hall of Tones is now a blank white marble tomb for those tresures were never found.

Riverline Park

Riverline Park is one of Riverton's two ritzy neighborhoods, the other being Mount Liam, which sits along the Candahar River over looking Deans Coast. The streets of Riverline Park our all red brick pavers, similar to those in Englishtown but more rustic. Riverline Park sits inbetween Riverton Boulivard (CR-110) and I-10

RivervlinePark.png

Across the Candahar River is a small town called Deans Coast which has only one reason anyone would ever go there, and that is Deans Coast Airfield. Emfasis on the FIELD.

DeansCoastAirfield.png

The air strip has only two runways and records about 3 flights per week, all of which are private tour planes and a flight school. Farmers use the aristrip for crop dusting every season but other then that thats all Deans Coast has to offer.

Well that all for this update. but keep an eye out for the next one- Mount Liam, and Candahar County College!

edwarjo89

Candahar City

Candahar City is actually the first city i started in Delcony. I developed it naturally so yes that means NO PRE-PLANNING!!! I don't however have any pictures of its development for two reasons, one i started this city before this CJ, and 2, because well, i just never took any pics until now.... so well here ya go!

So first here is a region shot of what Delcony looks like now since my last update:

before

DelconyAerial-PolMap.png

after

DelconyAerial-PolMap-1.png

Now on  to Candahar City!!!!

Candahar City sits on a penisular inbetween the mouth of the Candahar River, which empties into Eliot Bay, and Westen Bay.

CandaharCitypol.png

Now what everyone wants to see... SCREENSHOTS!!!!

CandaharCity-Apr241301261097157.png

Downtown Candahar City at sunset.

DowntownCandaharCityatsunset.png

Corona District

CoronaDistrict.png

Candahar Hill

CandaharHill.png

Candahar Hill at sunset.

CandaharHillatsunset.png

Liberty Island (I know, not very original but egh who doesn't have a liberty island in one city they've done lol18.gif)

LibertyIsland.png

Pine Rock, just south of Candahar City across Westen Bay

PineRockjustaftersunset.png

North Beach. North Beach sits just east of Pine Rock, just over the bluffs. North Beach is the Northern most tip of Navy Beach, witch is south of the city (to be developed at a later date, if i remember that is.)

NorthBeach.png

And last but not least, Afton-Candahar Airport, east of the city across the river it sits in the farthest north-eastern corner of the city map, refer to pics 3 and 4.

AftingCandaharAirport.png

So they you have it... Candahar City! Close ups of neighborhoods will be posted later.. just leave a comment saying what part of Candahar you really want to get to know and i'll fill you in on the local histories and latest gossops of that area!!!

And for the teaser:::

UnionCity-May3531259865860.png

Can you guess what's to become of this beautiful meadow??? If any one guesses right they'll win an AWSOME PRIZE!!!!!!!

edwarjo89

Las Vegas, 1890 - 1893

Finally Las Vegas connected to the other side of the river.
LasVegas-Jun9931257664873.png
The Las Vegas Viaduct opened January 1, 1890. The viaduct connected South Bend, L.V. to Gainsville Station.

Everet Park, Christmas Eve day, 1892.
LasVegas-Dec24921257663514snow.jpg

Stompe Toren Spaarnwoude Church, Christmas Eve mass, 1892
LasVegas-Dec24921257663706.png

Later that night Las Vegas was hit by the worst blizzard in 10 years.
LasVegas-Dec24921257663706-1.jpg

First Night is the Ringing in of the new year for those in Delcony.
First Night, 1893.
LasVegas-Jan1931257663868.png

Kingston Port, January 4, 1893. Kingston Port is north of Las Vegas across the Candahar River. Many people use the ferry system to get back and forth from their jobs in Kingston Port and thier homes in Las Vegas or even points south.
LasVegas-Jan4931257664348.png

OK. so just a little update, (I was bored but not that interested.... egh, you know how it is, haha)
but any ways, I decided to show you guys where Las Vegas is in relation to, well, anything!
First you have to kno how i play SC4. I create a blank region and start in one corner and work my way through the region(as if every time i incorporate a city or even just terraform it that would be like the sims have either discovered it and/or stretched thier boundries to encompas it.)
So here's Delcony (so far.) BTW this region is only about a month old so there's not a whole bunch to it.
DelconyAerial-PolMap.png

edwarjo89

One very popular residential neighborhood in Las Vegas is the McCord Boulevard area. In the mid 1800s the area was mostly made up of row homes.

Here is an aerial view of McCord Boulevard, Fall of 1861.

LasVegas-Nov19611256534321blknwht.jpg

Currently there are plans being discussed in the city council for building a rapid transit route through McCord Boulevard. Many of the residents are opposed to the idea. Ruth Garrenger, head of C.R.A.P. (City Residential Approval Panel)(as seen below) said at a townhall style meeting that "... any kind of train would ruin the quaintness of McCord Boulevard! We want a new school system, more hospitals, and more parks! We need not a new train system! Sir, you are ruining our town!" Miss Garrenger was a very out-spoken women for her time and had a knack for pointed out Las Vegas' bad points.

Ruth Garrenger

RuthGarrenger.jpg

Now we move onto Everet Park. Everet Park was the first park in the sense that it was maintained and funded by the city council. Over the years it has be transformed over and over agian.

Here is a picture of Everet Park in 1861 after the ribbon cutting ceramony in the winter of 1860. March 1, 1861 the town had a re-opening of the park after a statue of Antony d'Leo, former mayor who took office on November 4, 1704, was dedicated.

LasVegas-Nov15611256534220.png

One of Las Vegas' best known churches is the Everet Park Chapel. Las Vegas mayors have been sworn in for public office in this small chapel since the church was founded in 1702. Mayor Antony d'Leo was the first to swear in here on November 4, 1704.

LasVegas-Oct19801256755143-1.png

And to close off this little update a history lesson about the most netouriouse landmark in L.V., Poltergeist Manor.

Poltergeist Manor was built in 1752. Originally named Renswell Manor after Paul Renswell had the mansion built, but the building was dubbed Poltergeist Manor in 1880 after reports of hauntings scared away any perspective buyers. Some say that late at night you can hear the voice of Gianna Renswell asking to play. The legend says that old man Renswell murdered his 8 year old daughter, Gianna, and stuffed her body in the crawlspace above her playroom.

A grewsom story, but a nice screenshot if i do say so myself.

LasVegas-Jan5801256754943.png

edwarjo89

Frankfurt, Las Vegas

Las Vegas is a small budding community on the Candahar River. Actually it has nothing to do with Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. In Delconish, the native language of the region, Las Vegas means The Family. Las Vegas started as a complete rural area but when Franklin Geoffry built his homestead there in 1602 other family members slowly started to set up homes along the river. After about 20 years of this the area became known as Las Vegas Homicidiouse, aka The Family Homestead. After Geoffry's death in 1642 the small town was officially incorporated as Las Vegas in the county of Engleton.

Come explore Las Vegas. We'll start in the neighborhood of Frankfurt. All the locals love to spend the day strolling on the bordwalk or shopping in the small stores lining Water Street. The Frankfurt Waterfront has really grown over the past few years.

Hedgermoore Street, October 5, 1861.

LasVegas-Oct30611256534150-1.png

Water Street, October 5, 1861.

LasVegas-Oct5611256533919-2.png

Frankfurt waterfront in the Fall. 1861.

LasVegas-Oct19611256534042.png

In May of 1862 the city council approved the Water Street Boardwalk Expansion Project.

This is a picture of the Frankfurt waterfront, fall of 1866. In 1865 the Van Drie -den Elsenhuis Mansion and Funland Arcade both opened extending the waterfront out about nine-teen feet. The Frankfurt waterfront, or just "The Waterfront" as the local residents call it attracts visitors from all over the Delcony region. Adults love the ambiance of quaint dining at the Van Drie -den Elsenhuis Mansion, while the children play at the Funland Arcade. And for the budding way-too-cool teenager hanging out at Kurgle Nowt Cafe', which is right on the bordwalk, is all the rage. All this plus Water Street's amazing shopping surounds Edgemire Street. A definate MUST-SEE spot... Lilly the Llama coming soon to the Frankfurt Waterfront! Opening May of 1870.

LasVegas-Nov21661256598915-1.png

Lilly the Llama opened on May 7, 1870 on the Frankfurt Waterfront after another expansion of the boardwalk.

LasVegas-May13701256618204.png

Saint Lillian of Mystic Island was forever imortalized in stone at the Waterfront in this granite statue of her. Dedicated May 15, 1870.

LasVegas-May19701256618263.png

As you can see the Frankfurt Waterfront has indeed grown over the past decade. But thats not all that has. Here is a picture of Water Street, March 18, 1873. You can see how the Shopping has really sky-rocketed over the years.(Refer to pic. 2)

LasVegas-Mar18731256666575blknwht.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections