New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Western La Brea

Sign in to follow this  
k50

I have got a lot of feedback from my last entry. Thanks to everyone who commented. It really helps having a lot of critique on my first post! Here are my the replies.
1f06cc7d.png
36fca89c.png

Jayman8464 (page one): Thanks for the comment; I sure hope your feeling is right!
simcityguru: Thanks for the comment! I will try to add a few more empty gates in the future (I was just at JFK, I was used to crowded airports, guess this is a little "too" crowded. Understandable).
tkuelker: Thanks for the compliment, I love airports too. I don't like building them though, they can get a little bit tedious when they are this big. Those sculptures you are referring too can be found on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=3218
sepen20: Thanks for stopping by. I do not play Minions by the way.
6052b35f.png
cmdp123789: Thanks for the comment. I do like palm trees a lot (where I live in Portland, Oregon, I don't see them too often!) I am glad you will be following New Chandler!
gio10469: Thanks for the comment. Yeah, that might be a few too many palm trees. Thanks for the advice, you won't see them so dense in the future.
wwetom1: Thanks for the comment... As said, there is probably too many. I don't think they are supposed to be sticking through the terminal...!
Archean: Thanks for the comment. I am glad you liked my idea of introducing the airport first (after all, it would likely be the first thing seen anyway).
84cf0a19.png
No comments

da1f89ab.png
Wacky32 (first comment): Thanks for the compliment! Glad you liked it.
Blakesterville: Thanks for the compliment! I am so pleased I stand out so much to you!
Wacky32 (second comment): Thanks for the second compliment. You're a really good fortune teller too :P just kidding.
Mayorm: Thanks for the comment. I am glad it looks so nicely organized through your eyes. I will consider joining the UAR, however, I am still looking at the AIN and SCJU as well. I have some time to think about it, we will see! :)

02c721a1.png
Greckman: Thanks for the comment (by the way, I am not Baketay, I am still K50 Dude :P) I am glad you liked the sculptures and the terminal F.
CSGDesign: Thanks for the comment; glad you liked it!
CoastRunner: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you can feel the tropics!
ComputerGuy: Thanks for the comment. You won't soon though, because I am releasing a short story journal on two of my five forums next month, so I will beat you :P 
Jdenm8: Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!

On my first entry, I received 17 comments. Thank you so much, a lot of you had great feedback for me! Hopefully I will get some more of that in this entry, where we travel a little south of Transcendenta....

85906571.png

A typical shot in La Brea's West side includes a lot of old-fashioned apartments...
bd6a3a7d.png

...and some high-tech industry.
008695f1.png

Western La Brea has a tramway that runs about three miles down the avenues to a large subway hub downtown (the downtown isn't good enough to be shown yet, there is still a lot of open space). Here you can see the tramway clearly snake through La Brea Community College.
771d7d5d.png

d9288691.png

Farther south, you see a lot of new homes made out of stucco. These replace older ones out of other materials.
182b7639.png

Albert Park, a park which consumes a whole city tile (19x19) in La Brea. The mangrove population here is pretty big (sorry about the ones completely submerged... 3.gif)
b4e2b08a.png

An elevated subway line snakes through the Foothills District of Western La Brea.
22b837f1.png

Some nice condos in the Foothills District. These are relatively new and very energy-efficient, especially compared to the apartments around them.
d341639c.png

Finally, I leave you with Signal Butte Stadium.
eac32201.png

In the next entry, we are going to stay here in La Brea, however, go to the East side instead.... :)
Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Looks good, you have a very interesting blend of buidings, but they all fit well with each other! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Share this comment

Whoa, man! I've already arrived from my vacation and seen your new CJ here... As far as I've seen, your airport is coming along very nicely, although I would have worked more the land markings and this kind of things. This update is really nice and it demonstrates that you've improved a ton since your first update on the (formerly called) Cultan Colony. You've improved in all gameplay aspects, and I think the same as CTMandR, everything seems quite "worked".

Keep it up!

Share this comment

Got no word for your airport, man. I just come here to see and discover this.

No doubt that this will rank REALLY well.

Share this comment