New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Western La Brea (part two)

Sign in to follow this  
k50

12 comments. Not bad, would have liked more though. I want feedback so I can improve! Also, the files page has been updated with the La Brea Light Rail map, which can be download directly by clicking the link given. (the files page is the one after the introduction).

1f06cc7d.png

36fca89c.png

Sepen20: Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!

TowerDude: Thanks for the comment... Welcome to the Jungle (great song by the way, Guns n' Roses sings it).

CTMandR: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you will be following the journal. I tried to smash different techniques and even different cultures into a unique blend, glad you liked it!

TekindusT: Nice to see you found me! Don't even mention the first update of the Cultan Colony, that was a disaster Laughing Glad you agreed that everything worked this time around! Cool

Mithrik: Nice to see you as well! Glad you liked everything. I am glad you think this is a top-notch journal as well! Smile 

6052b35f.png

Gio10469: Thanks for the comment. Sorry, but we are staying in the same general area again. Hey, thats a good excuse to follow this journal... Razz

cmdp123789: Thanks for the comment! I am glad you liked the houses. Those canals can be found on SimCity 4 Devotion, here is the link: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=636

84cf0a19.png

Blakeway: Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!

da1f89ab.png

Mayorm: Thanks for the comment. You might see a little more variation in this update. Sorry to dissapoint if I did.

dcmetro2834: Thanks for the comment, you do need to keep an eye on this CJRazz

02c721a1.png

CoastRunner: Thanks for the comment. You haven't seen the New Chandler Metro yet though, your in for a treat.

ComputerGuy: Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked it. I am sorry to discourage you with the apartments, they are slowly being replaced with custom ones Smile

b4c9ea28.png

You might have seen that park by the community college (College Park on the LBLR map) last update. I am trying to play around with it trying to find something I like. I can't stand that statue there but it helps building it (you will know what I mean if you have the CAM). 

e1ca8c7a.png

Here is the downtown. It is really not the way I want it yet, I might have to demolish everything in it Twisted Evil and start over... we'll see.

1d7bf6ec.png

But then again, nobody would be using my subway and light rail at the Metro Center Mall station (the largest transfer station this side of the Western River, which you will see on the next update Smile )

d0da2494.png

A big hotel on La Brea Town Lake.

f6e12220.png

Enjoy this picture, it will be changed next time you see it (ugly Maxis buildings, I am looking at you Cool )

69fe3f79.png

Back in the Cultan Colony/Republic days, I got a lot of compliments on the hilly terrain. Trying to do what I did in Little Hollywood in Morgansville here, although not as tall yet (for those who don't remember or know:http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz150/k50dude/updates%2021-30/cultanup23pic3.jpg)

c9c88e6e.png

On the top of that hill, inspired by Oregon Health Sciences University, is New Chandler Medical University. Like OHSU, NCMU is a surprisingly nice hilltop feature.

ddf32126.png

And we end in the suburbs!

2659e167.png

963773db.png

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Good way of implementing the NAM pedestrian overpasses, I barely see anyone else use them. I have a suggestion though: If your computer allows it, you might want to turn up the "texture quality" and "city detail" to show the overlay textures. It will make your cities look even better than they already are!

Share this comment