• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Suburban Sprawl - Homes and Gardens Special!

Fox

Suburban Sprawl - Homes and Gardens Special!

Replies:

Huston: Thanks for the comment, it's meant to be a landmark that defines the city, and it really does stand out above the rest. Took lots of attempts before I found the right place for it to work and look right.

MilitantRadical: I love watching things grow too. Recently I've been playing Banished and everything is so slow.. lol

MatTSW: Thanks, where I live in Adelaide, Australia, we are surrounded by parks and gardens, so a lot of my inspiration comes from that. You'll notice it when I get around to posting a regional picture.

TekindusT: I appreciate the feedback, and my cities are about 90% grown, I attempt to re lot things I want to grow on funny size lots so it doesn't have any competition. Then it's just a matter of bulldozing until what I want grows.

NMUSpidey: Thank you .. just checked, 24 people follow my CJ .. what an honor.. didn't expect that!

Schriefer: Glad people still check out the forums once in a while, I appreciate taking the time to comment, many thanks.

Gugu3: Thanks glad you liked it!

Here are some pictures of all the home I've been lotting recently in the LE to grow and fill the sprawl of suburbia.

aluumenhome01.jpg

3x2 - McMansion on the shoreline with the gold artwork in the front yard.

aluumenhome02.jpg

6x6 - MattB remake.

aluumenhome03.jpg

6x6 - Conversion of a MattB school.

aluumenhome04.jpg

3x2 - One lot, two homes .. making use of space.

aluumenhome05.jpg

2x2 - Red Brick driveway.

aluumenhome06.jpg

3x3 - Farm style home .. oops.. how did that tree get there?

aluumenhome07.jpg

1x3 - Modern orange roofed home on a compact block.

aluumenhome09.jpg

2x3 - Another farm style home.. feels like it needs something more.

aluumenhome08.jpg

2x3 - Subdivision .. attempts to utilise Japanese homes to create a modern home feel.

That's the first part to this update.. the second part will include even more homes.

Thanks reading and enjoy!

PS .. Don't forget to vote in the Trixies.. not much time left to do so!

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

It's always great to see an update from you Fox. The suburbs btw are reall beautiful, and so well grown hehe. What really gets me is the lotting, and knowing you, they'd be great...and that's what I'm seeing now :D

Share this comment

Beautiful job with those neighborhoods.  The lotting is simply super!  If I had the money that would absolutely be an area I'd like to live!

Share this comment

Folks back in farmland territory says hello.  Nice planned communities!  We are in the process of redevelopment and recently sold 1600 acres to Minutemann Morningside Estate Planners.  Nice cj and thanks for the tour.

Share this comment

Very nice. The detail is beautiful, and those japenese homes are a really great idea! One question, in the "1x3 modern orange roofed home" picture are those house by a hill because the elevation looks like its going up in the upper right.

Share this comment

Thanks for all the comments so far .. a few replies:

coolwiththecool2: Yes the terrain rises, the section of homes are built in a little valley between two hills.

Brockist Yes. The AIN is looking in to a downloads section and I'm contemplating uploading them there for members to use.

Letterbomb: I use the Columbus Mod and the associated tree controllers. Plus I use a lot of other props that have been uploaded to the Stex and LEX over the years.

Share this comment