Notre

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 3: The Docs

Paulobergonci

REPLIES

Tonraq, SimRico, Schriefer, Ln X, Alex_1210, Gugu3: thanks so much for the comments and I'm glad to see that some of you are really following the CJ.

SimCoug: those MMPs are great, they give life and movement to the cities, thanks for letting me use them.

MatTSW, GrijzePilion: simply search "dutch" on STEX and you will get them all.

infamousjbe: thanks, glad to know you got the spirit of the Fish Market.

scissors: Thanks, i bought a book about Holland, and i fell in love by the cities, those cute w2w buildings, so everything i know is from the book (and google earth).

Benedict: Notre is always welcoming to new people. And thanks for a place in the Top ten!

THE DOCS

Oh! The Docs, once the heart of Notre, a place where foreigners used to meet and make bussines, now is kinda abandoned.

The Docs where built in 1654, to receive all the goods to the city, now in 1870, it is not so used anymore.

Now it is used only to receive goods by the Public Market, period. It is not used anymore to ship anything from Notre to other cities, its an abandoned place, the right side of the docs.

In the left side, they made some improvements and used the terrain to build new stuff.

Here you can see an overview of the Docs, and a bit of the City Centre too! (which will be shown in later entries)

Sf9MLKl.jpg

And this is the Public Market, a very busy place, the boats anchor here bringing the goods to be distributed by the city. It was built in 1820.

77WfwNI.jpg

The Clock Tower was built in 1723, close to the docs, so the capitains wouldn't be late.

YNskeXp.jpg

And the New City Teathre is fresh new, built in 1865, it houses musicals and plays, every saturday night. Any citizen can perform here, all they have to do is sign their name in the lobby.

There are restaurants and cafes, and a hotel for the actors and actresses that come from Utrecht, Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

wtKcUwa.jpg

That's it for today, hope you still like it.

BTW, I won't make any entries for the next 2 weeks, because I'll travel to Uruguay, I'm going to visit Montevideo and Punta del Este, and then go to the beach here in south Brazil.

But i will get back with full energy to make new entries.

See you!

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

This is another wonderful visit to Notre. Have a great trip, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what you create when you return.

And the reason for your place in the top ten is all the people commenting on your work, all I do is run the numbers.

Share this comment

Just landed at my second destination in my Weekly Around The World Tour of Featured Cities!  The citizens of the Duo-Municipality Peyton Place-Stepford Islandsend their greetings toThe Docs. Very nice environment and the scenery is breathtaking!  Good that many of the olden days architechture is preserved so well.  The pilot on Airmann Intercontinenal Flight--15 actually used the clock tower as a guide .

Shopping at the local docs districts, grabbing some eats and hopping back on the A15 for the next vacation spot. Its been a pleasure

Share this comment