• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Replies + Teaser

Sign in to follow this  
blunder

zROF-HEAD-2.jpg?psid=1

38. Replies + Teaser

Normally i don't do this sort of thing, but i don't have time to do an update this week and i feel that 18 comments is too many to let pass two weeks without replying to. Thanks for all the comments, you guys rock!

Teaser: up next time on the Ring of Fire-

"Mommy, why is the ocean gone?"

~5 year old resident of Cannon Beach.

39%20teaser.jpg?psid=1

Tune in next time to see what is going on. If you dare....

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

@_Marsh_: Thank you, sir! Always a pleasure to see you around!

@NMUSpidey: Thanks a lot for your kind words! That's high praise. Yes football slumps are a real bummer, but as a Washington State alum you get used to it. Oh well, one day both of our conferences will be beating up on the stinking SEC. The name was the name i was using on chess.com when i first made a logon over at simpeg, and since i was fresh out of ideas i kept it. It's my chess name to remind me not to do something stupid. :D

@alexander.bowman: Thanks for your comment. The devil is in the details ;)

@grstudios: Thanks a lot! The sand shows up because that's how it turned out when i made the map. It has to do with where the different depths are placed on the watermask in photoshop before the map ever makes it into the game. So sadly it's not something that can be reproduced in-game without hand terraforming on a pretty big scale.

@Blakeway: Much Thanks! And thanks to choosing me for JCO last week too. :D

@Kruness: Thanks, but if you think that's awesome you should see the real coast that its modeled after.

@Jetty Jockey: Thank you, sir. I believe that lighthouse is an SFBT one from sc4d. It's the by Wallacet. Let me go scrounge up a link for you. Might we be seeing it again on the jersey shore?

@hammysonata: Thanks a lot! Maybe we can see as much detail from rodentia in the near future perhaps? :)

@Hazani Pratama: Thanks for your comment. The beach texture itself is from Lowkee's terrain mod, so i can't take credit for that.

@gugu3: Thanks a lot for commenting.

@TekindusT: Thank you sir. I have to say that's a unique reaction so far. I would have to say, though, that i would definitely do the same if i saw 'Stuff' at the top of the BTT ;)

@mattbuildingsbuildings1234: Well that's what i'm going for, so good to know it's working! Thanks for your comment!

@Mastof: Thank you, sir! Some of the credit on that goes to Paeng for showing me how to blend them easily.

@crazychickensc12: Thanks a lot! I hope you enjoy the rest of that long list of backreading you have if you plan on rereading it all. :P

@Benedict: Thank you, sir! That's high praise indeed. :)

Sign in to follow this  

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Can't wait to seethe story behind that, maybe an ice age, and this city is on a tropical region or near so they weren't directly affected yet? :P

Share this comment

I say tsunami.

My friend was in South Africa at the time, and he vividly remembered the harbour empty, then having it rush in at great force (luckily not to the degree of India/Thailand etc.)
Keen to see how it goes.

Share this comment