New Philly

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

24 Comments

Recommended Comments

Some of the European W2Ws don't fit because Philly doesn't have any buildings that resemble European architecture. I suggest downloading more American W2Ws to fix that and cut down repetition. Otherwise, this is a good start!

Share this comment

I'll reply here, so, I know you're from Philadelphia, Evillions, and I appreciate a lot your comment! Philly has some little historic parts with british architecture buildings, at least when I visited there were. I'll try to download more american w2w, but there will always be a limit of BATs... This is not a recreation really, I use Penn's plan with many Philly buildings but I organize it as I wish, but it will end up looking kinda like RL Philly anyways :P

Share this comment

Really nice. Some of these remind me a lot of the area around 19th-20th & Sansom and the last pic reminds me of the MFL as it goes through parts of W. Philly--I live in Philadelphia, as you may be able to tell, haha ;) Great work!

Have you seen [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27432-philadelphia-city-hall/"]this[/url]? :O

Share this comment

Haha yeah, thats only a small part of Philly, mostly where are the skyscrapers and around walnut street (ofc I changed stuff). The CH is in another IG city ;) But you'll see it soon I hope!

Share this comment

I'm falling in love :O

One thing you can really use is the mod that add textures to the ground under the elevated rail when passing between different zones.

If you don't know it I can link it to you.

(If you are going to answer, quote my post so I receive a notification to post you the link)

Share this comment

[quote name='Blakeway' timestamp='1347564956']
I'll reply here, so, I know you're from Philadelphia, Evillions, and I appreciate a lot your comment! Philly has some little historic parts with british architecture buildings, at least when I visited there were. I'll try to download more american w2w, but there will always be a limit of BATs... This is not a recreation really, I use Penn's plan with many Philly buildings but I organize it as I wish, but it will end up looking kinda like RL Philly anyways :P
[/quote]

Yea... I forgot about Old Town and those other good areas. I only know the bad parts of Philly. :P I see what you mean now. ;)

Share this comment

[quote name='IL.' timestamp='1347649578']
I'm falling in love :O

One thing you can really use is the mod that add textures to the ground under the elevated rail when passing between different zones.

If you don't know it I can link it to you.

(If you are going to answer, quote my post so I receive a notification to post you the link)
[/quote]
Yeah, that would be nice please.

Share this comment

[quote name='Josh6' timestamp='1347723294']
Hey man nice job. Is this supposed to be a recreation or your idea of Philly?
[/quote]

My idea, but parts are recreations, but like 95% of it is my idea, since there's like 5 BATs of Philly made haha thnx

[quote name='James McGill' timestamp='1347732993']
Sorry, this looks nothing like Philly. Im from it so i would know
[/quote]

You don't say.

Everyone else: Thnx!

Share this comment

I really don't see why you can't build elevated rails over roads, streets, highways, or avenues. That's the whole point of them, and they do that in real life too. You might as well just have them sit on the ground if they're set up like they are on there. I hope they change that on SimCity 5.

Share this comment