Rodentia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Region of Rodentia: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Marmot Hollow

hammysonata

Marmot Hollow

Excerpt From Mayor Nibbly’s Personal Diary:

October 1, 1915- Ah, life is grand in Marmot Hollow! The town population is steady at 1,226 residents and every day my power and influence grows seemingly ten-fold. I’ve added some photos to this entry, Dear Diary, so that if in many years from now Rodential posterity seeks the governing acumen of their ancestors, they will find it in both words and image.

The town has carved itself far into the mountains. When we raised the final walls of the final house, hoards of mice came up from the ground, sensing it in their infinite wisdom and driven by their noble, never-ending quest for foodstuff.

c323dd39.jpg

A few residents of Marmot Hollow have founded factories, manufacturing everything from spare Habitrail parts to Squirrel-Friendly birdfeeders. I feel great pride when I walk among the workers, a feeling I imagine a father would feel when glancing at his son earnestly perfecting a school science project.

2f11c4de.jpg

The “$0” is strange: whenever I am aboard a helicopter or jet and look down on Marmot Hollow from above I see it yet I never see it while walking around the town. Is Monique Diamond toying with me somehow? Note to self: look on Diamond’s laptop for clues.

cc5fb7b2.jpg

October 5, 1915- Diary, what a stressful day! It started well enough. Certain residents were irritated by the combined noises coming from nearby train tracks and Farmer PJ’s lettuce field. They were easily appeased, however, by publicly-funded picnic benches placed 50 meters from their homes.

2ee81540.jpg

Then, however, there was a surprise visit from The Dali Degu! With such an esteemed guest visiting Marmot Hollow, I frantically dialed Neil Fairbanks for protocol/etiquette advice. He did not answer. Note to self: check Fairbanks’ computer for suspicious correspondence with MD.

a2b050c5.jpg

Of course The Dali Degu brought his kids too. I didn’t even know he was allowed to have children but I suppose you learn something new every day.

1eaa1595.jpg

--------

Credits: Mods are SimPeg (MTP, SPAM, Pond (lots and mayor-mode ploppables), Cycledogg trees, SFBT trees, NAM & SAM, Lowkee33’s Appalachian terrain, SHK HD Rock Mod.

The degus were Photoshopped in but hopefully that’s not too obvious. Definitely room for improvement on that front though ;) Thanks for looking at Marmot Hollow and the Region of Rodentia! :)

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hah! That wasn't what I expected to see!

Now now, Schulmanator, the felines are in the middle of a war right now, gotta exercise some focus and restraint. For the moment...

Share this comment

Haha, thanks, guys.

Schulmanator: With each incendiary comment, Mayor Nibbly grows more and more nervous :D It'd be funny if we made a few collaborative entries, showing flare-ups between our two regions. I don't think, however, that the fledgling region of Rodentia would fare very well against the might of Schulmania :)

Share this comment