• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Tarkusian Cities

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chemeketa: East Chemeketa Development

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

I experienced a boot sector failure on my laptop's hard drive about a week ago, but fortunately, I've been able to recover my important things--including the Chemeketa region. I'm now running on a semi-new (larger) hard drive I scavenged out of my old HP laptop (itself a replacement for when the boot sector failed on that laptop's original drive), on which I've installed the preview of Windows 8 after a re-format. Now that the technical issues are sorted out, it's once again update time.

I've responded to all the replies on the last entry here [link]--thank you all for the great feedback and entertaining comments on it! :D

This update, we'll be taking a look at some development projects happening in East Chemeketa, right in the vicinity of the Highway 15/39th Avenue SPUI featured in Update 83. The high-tech boom in this area has also brought on a wave of commercial office and residential development, as well as some new infrastructure to handle all of it.

To go along with the new update, I've produced another edition of the full regional map: Full Regional Map

Here's a link to a smaller map of the exact area (click to expand):

VRUp9s.png

Both feature the full build-out of the area we'll be looking at with this update, including previously identified "Project 13"--the extension of Noah Street NE.

This first image is of the initial work on the 5-way "starpoint" roundabout being built, where Noah Street will intersect extensions of Bernard Way NE and Flenderson Road NE, as well as a new east-west collector route designed to serve the area, 35th Avenue NE (facing north).

3j7Aa.jpg

This is right near where 35th will intersect Halpert Road NE (facing north). Halpert will be widened to 4 lanes through the new intersection.

vipdM.jpg

Here's the initial build of the intersection to provide construction access (facing north), before development goes in and 35th gets widened to include a center turn lane.

uu36B.jpg

Here's the intersection after 35th is widened and development has gone in. As you can see, it's become a happening spot (facing north).

hOD9y.jpg

This is at the intersection of 39th and Halpert, previously re-built in Update 83, after more development (facing north).

fPTmw.jpg

Here's a couple of the "starpoint" in action, with the residential development having gone in around it. The planners behind these subdivisions wanted to create a distinctive and interesting street layout.

(facing east)

o4Uqm.jpg

(facing north)

xaykp.jpg

This is at the intersection of 39th/Hudson and Flenderson, post-development (facing north).

yOAff.jpg

The fractional angle road here (yet to be named) was built as a collector off of Hudson Road NE to access some residential spots to the north.

QZTQA.jpg

It currently dead-ends here, but future plans entail extending it to Flatwood Road NE (facing north).

IO3yf.jpg

Finally, as there's been questions regarding the little "tail" that extends off of the Highway 15/215 "Flugelhorn" interchange and extends to Halpert Road, I thought I'd show what's been happening up there. There's been both some residential and high-tech development in the area (both facing north).

o3UW8.jpg

Akp5R.jpg

That does it for this update. The next two updates will be back in familiar stomping grounds, and then I may take some interesting detours after that . . .

-Tarkus

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

All of your intersections are really nice, the roundabout especially.

Regarding your reply, that's because most of Happy Valley is less than 10 years old :P

Share this comment

Great planning and development. Looks like you have a lot of truck traffic at that roundabout. You may want to reroute that traffic...
trucks + roundabouts = trouble

Share this comment

You're really putting the NAM to work in this one, with those roundabouts. Way more imaginative than what I do.

Question: What's the big green building in [url="http://i.imgur.com/fPTmw.jpg"]this[/url] picture?

Share this comment

[quote name='dubaidude303' timestamp='1346448939']

Wow! Great work! I really like it!

Where did you find that Burger King in the 2nd picture, top right?
[/quote]

Took a while, but [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=517"]here[/url].

Share this comment

[b]Blakeway[/b]: Thanks--I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

[b]ggamgus[/b]: Thanks for the kind words on the update!

[b]k50[/b]: Thanks for the compliments on the intersections--they were a lot of fun to build! I was mildly surprised at just how much Happy Valley had grown when I drove through about a year ago, though it had been the first time I had been there since the early 1990s. The infrastructure seems to have kept pace there for the most part, though that roundabout on 172nd seems a bit random at present.

[b]sHnozZa[/b]: Thanks--I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed the update!

[b]james2016[/b]: Thanks for the compliments on the planning aspect of things, and yes, it does appear that roundabout is getting some pretty heavy truck usage. The Noah Street extension seems to have become more popular with motorists than initially anticipated, so that one will have to be monitored.

[b]srainy[/b]: Thanks for the kind words on the scenery--I was going for a park-like residential/high-tech area, and it sounds like I suceeded! :)

[b]Mister Giggles[/b]: Thanks for the kind words on the layout--I always enjoy finding excuses to sneak as many NAM features as I can into my updates. :rofl: To answer your question, that building is [b]Cerulean[/b]'s Jemmera Business Suites. It's part of the [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1017"]CARCH Lots BSC[/url] CAMeLot set.

[b]Mayorjacks[/b]: The streetlights are from [b]MandelSoft[/b]'s [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27200-light-replacement-mod-lrm-v40-mega-pack/"][b]Light Replacement Mod, Version 4.0[/b][/url]. It's a very comprehensive and customizable set--I highly recommend it. And thanks for the compliments on the update!

[b]SimCoug[/b]: Thanks--I felt this development project was a nice opportunity to sneak that roundabout and all that FAR in there, and I'm glad to hear it came off well! And here's to hoping the "Pirate of the Palouse" and Wazzu have a more successful "Air Raid" against UNLV this weekend. :)

[b]dubaidude303[/b]: Thanks for the kind words--I'm glad you enjoyed it! To further on Mister Giggles' link, [b]kevdan25[/b] was one of the best BATers of suburban American stuff back in 2005-2006, along with SimGoober, and I've been using his stuff since I got started with SC4 content. There's a very nicely packaged mega-set of pretty much all his stuff (including the BK, if I recall correctly) on the LEX [url=http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1213][link][/url] (also make sure you get the [url=http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1212]Prop Pack[/url] and the rest of the listed dependencies).

[b]durfsurn[/b]: Thanks for the kind words, my friend--glad you enjoyed it!

[b]Mister Giggles[/b]: Thanks for digging up that link!

Share this comment