• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Isle of Cat

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

The Wirdleplex: Isle of Cat

Some of you are familiar with one of the world’s oldest governments: the Isle of Man. The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown Dependency, located in the Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland within the British Isles, or so Wikipedia says. The island's parliament, Tynwald, claims to be the oldest continuously existing ruling body in the world. Of course, feline governance has persisted for millennia before that.

What is so interesting about the Isle of Man is that despite its name, it has a special link to the feline world. Man is well known not just for its national symbol, the triskelion, but also for its distinctive race of cats.

IOM.jpg

Note, this is NOT the planet Triskelion… that’s way on the other side of the galaxy!

P88_15_The_Gamesters_of_Triskelion_1.jpg

The island rightfully prides itself on its distinctive breed of tailless cats, the Manx. This unique addition to the feline family is a source of pride not just for the island but also for felines everywhere. It is a special bond which has been celebrated time and again. The Manx government pays homage to its famous feline citizens with numerous commemorative monetary issues and other special items. Here are some examples.

IOM-12-Cat-ENLARGED.jpg

g347.jpg$%28KGrHqNHJF!E88evolLyBPZH086jpQ~~60_35.JPGManx%20cat%20stamps_thumb%5B6%5D.jpg

Recently, the Isle of Man called upon is feline population to host the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games in Douglas, the capital of the island. Below are several examples of the collaboration between felines and the humanoid Manx population.

IOM11-Commonwealth-Games-EN.jpg

The circulating commemorative coin from the games, featuring its Manx feline mascot

2PoundCoin_2011.jpg

The feline population was delighted to participate in the games

2.jpg

The Bureau of Feline Affairs was pleased to stage many public appearances for the Isle of Man’s feline population

P1050635.jpg

Including educating schoolchildren about the integral role of felines in the world

In recognition of this honored role felines have on the Isle of Man, the Bureau of Feline Affairs is prepared to offer these humanoids a rare privilege: Manx citizens will be able to travel into the feline zone of Schulmania, Harar and dependencies with only a passport and no visa required. In addition, the BFA has dedicated an island off the coast of The Wirdleplex to serve as a tourist destination for humanoids who come to cherish felines and enjoy a relaxing vacation. Toward this end, Wirdleplex Governor von Bremerhaven has dedicated the all-new Isle of Cat.

IOCad.jpg

Don’t you like our new Isle of Cat ad campaign?

IOC01.jpg

As a resident of Schulmania, I arrive at the ferry terminal

IOC02.jpg

All arrivals are greeted by a limo and whisked away to their hotel. The Isle of Cat (IOC) has been granted special dispensation to have limousines.

cruisers.jpg

But, if you are not a resident of the Feline Zone, you may arrive instead via Schulmania’s first cruise ship terminal

cruiseterminal.jpg

The IOC-Maxis Terminal sits next to the Bureau of Feline Affairs Office, which handles security, border control and visitor assistance

IOC04.jpg

Leaving the terminal, we can see the rocky shoreline. But, fear not – there ARE beaches aplenty!

IOC03.jpg

Perhaps you’d like some lunch? The limo will take us to the 6-star restaurant (and you thought 5 stars was a nice rating!) for a fabulous meal. Celebrity chef Wolfgang Purr will dazzle your taste buds!

IOC05.jpg

Afterwards, we could head over to the Feline Yacht Club and have a leisurely sail…

yachtclub2.jpg

As a guest on the IOC, all boats are available as a complimentary service. And free sailing lessons are available if you are a landlubber. But, if you want someone to sail it for you, they will – but that’ll cost ya.

yachtclub1.jpg

Afterwards, we have more of the island to explore!

IOC06.jpg

Hestorb Villas has a lovely outdoor market. Want to buy some cra… I mean lovely trinkets?

resort2.jpg

Let’s head over to the star attraction, SchulmAtlantis Resort. It has great rooms, each with an ocean view. And lovely grounds and a fine outdoor pool.

resort1.jpg

Over in the gardens they are having some sort of line dancing class. Wanna come?

thepool.jpg

You could hang out at the pool. But I won’t. I don’t tan; I just turn red and burny. So no laying out by the pool for me.

BFA-AdminCtr.jpg

I will head over to the beachside Bureau of Feline Affairs Cultural Center. I understand their having a Sim City contest and I wanna join in.

Beach01.jpg

It’s right by the beach so we can have lots of fun! And no sunburn!

beach02.jpg

Let’s all enjoy a wide expanse of pristine golden sandy beach. If you’re like me, you’ll head to the shore and pick up shells and try to skip them like a rock. I almost never get more than two hops, but I keep on trying. One of these days…

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Benedict[/b] I like tails but many seems fine without them. :D

[b]Chicagoblue[/b] Welcome to Schulmania! And I am glad my secret plan to lure more people from the IOM was successful. Please visit us again!

[b]K50[/b] Hehehe… that’s my kind of party too!

[b]USFighter15[/b] Awesome! Wish I did! (both… meet the cat and be featured for a patch!)

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] Come on over! Bring the junior spideys too… there’s fun for all ages here!

[b]Jg362343[/b] Thanks! Glad you like it! And, welcome to Schulmania.

[b]WOO HOO! 250 chapters now in Volume 3. That rocks![/b]

[right][Volume 3 Update #250][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment