• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Salembourg

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

The Wirdleplex: Salembourg

The island fortress of Salembourg, Schulmania’s Corregidor, guards not only the mouth of the strategically vital Wirdleonia River but also Schulmania’s first prisoners of war. Locked away in the tower, the prisoners are gradually giving away vital information for our military. If this information proves accurate, we may finally be able to develop a winning strategy to remove the pestilential invaders.

Fort04.jpg

The key to winning the war might just be right here

fort13.jpg

This is the most secure place in the nation

Fort06.jpg

There’s no easy way out if you are an escaping prisoner

officerquarters.jpg

But life is good on this military island, as evidenced by this fine example of officer quarters

walls07.jpg

One does not get the feeling of being trapped behind these sturdy stone walls

port.jpg

Especially with easy connections to the mainland from the ferry terminal, a cargo port and of course the naval bases

barracks2.jpg

The enlisted barracks are full of sailors, soldiers and their families

walls08.jpg

Kittens think it’s funny to lean out the window and wave to a parent patrolling the wall just behind their home. Occasionally they throw paper airplanes in hope of reaching the wall from their window. So far, no one has made it.

Fort03.jpg

The massive fort dominates the eastern end of the island…

AcademyCircle2.jpg

…but the western end is lower density and mixed use. Here, Academy Circle leads to entrances for the various ports

Fort06.jpg

Keeping such a massive installation fully provisioned requires a complex and secure logistics operation

ship2.jpg

A dedicated cargo port provides for the needs of the island

ship1.jpg

Of course other dedicated maritime facilities provide for other needs

fort10.jpg

In addition to the centerpiece fortress, we have many facilities in Salembourg

commerce1.jpg

There is ample commerce for the resident population

chapel2.jpg

And a lovely seaside chapel with an immaculate park

LeechLabs.jpg

In an unusual step, Leech Labs has opened its first non-covert facility in Schulmania. Standing in sharp contrast to its surroundings, this facility is a joint venture of Leech Labs, the Office of Military Technology and the Schulmania Institute of Technology. Let’s hope they invent something to help us win the war!

In closing, here are some wider views of the island and its facilities.

wide2.jpg

The port complex

wide4.jpg

A view of the island looking north, showing the western part

wide5.jpg

A view showing the southwestern corner of the island and its naval port

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Serene and beautiful!

Just one question, what methods does Schulmania use to squeeze out intel from POWs?

I imagine placing homemade Schulmanian cuisine just out of reach of the jail cell is torture enough :P

Share this comment

[quote name='Markus J' timestamp='1343451628']
Very nice, looks beautiful.

I am curious... how much of your land is functional? I never see cars...
[/quote]

I agree - in typical Schulmania style, very beautiful. There are very few roads in the nation and its protectorates, if I recall correctly. There is the "SSS" or Schulmania secret subway that keeps things moving.

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]10000000000000000[/b] Actually, we use positive reinforcement. If they give us info, then there will be purring. Who could resist purring??

[b]MarkusJ[/b] It is all functional. You don’t see cars because as a rule, cats do not like cars. They take folks to the dreaded v-e-t office and such. I change the graphics settings to minimize cars and often will blot them out when photo editing if they remain.

[b]Benedict[/b] You are correct. Secret and not so secret subways abound!

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] What can I say? Even in wartime we are classy! :D

[b]USFighter15[/b] HA! Good luck, Buggs!

[b]Lloyd0728[/b] Welcome to Schulmania! The fortress itself is a retexturing of the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec.

[b]Militant Radical[/b] Thanks! Glad you like it!

[right][Volume 3 Update #249][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Emperordaniel[/b] I like it. Wish I had one on my street… might protect the front yard from being eaten by roving bands of deer!

[right][Volume 3 Update #249.1][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment