• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Lessito | The Country Life

ThomasSimpson

Darna-U01-01.png

Today we're continuing our trip through southern Lessito, weaving our way north and south of the A25. The comuni of Dallia is our next stop, centred around the market village of Dallia la Costa. As with much of the region, the area is dominated by agriculture but is also a place of outstanding natural beauty.

Darna-U03-01.png

By the village centre is what led to its creation, the crossroads. This dirty road was once a thriving transport link between the cities of the west and the markets, ports and islands of the east. Nowadays its bypassed by the dual carriageway, but the road remains busy with local freight and villagers.

Darna-U03-02.png

La Marcia farm is a defining estate in Dallia. Its golden fields spread over a vast area and sway gently in the summer breeze. The sight inspired a poem by Cattala's Poet Laureate in 1947, just after the decimation of World War Two. The golden bloom was said to have "lightened his soul and sparked hope".

Darna-U03-03.png

Small hamlets and other villages dot the Dallia countryside, mainly alongside the trade road. Alareas was discovered to have had a literacy rate of just 24% in 1965 due to the lack of rural education provision. Since then, its risen to 100% in line with the rest of the country. Farmers just didn't need to read and write, and the nearest schools were dozens of miles away.

Darna-U03-04.png

Dallia is a recognised area of beauty, and regularly features in Lessito tourist adverts. And with good reason, too. The rural life of long summer days, gentle streams, golden fields and green expanses attracts many visitors and city dwellers hungry for a piece of the good life.

Darna-U03-05.png

The rolling hills and fields of the eastern kingdom provide this lifestyle for 359,000 residents of Lessito, with more than two thirds living in non-urban areas like Dallia. Here we see the orchards of the comuni's valley that eventually descends down to the coast.

Darna-U03-06.png

But what this region is most famous for is its vineyards that cover the land in a sea of green in the months leading up to harvest season. Cattala is the world's fifth-biggest wine exporter, with Lessito leading the way in production of the white variant.

Darna-U03-07.png

To end with tonight, a view of one of Dallia's vineyards at night. The traffic trundling by has changed over the years, but the casa and the crop remain the same.

Darna-U03-08.png

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow! I'm impressed!
Never seen so beautiflly arranged farmland... I have the SPAM too, yet I don't have any orange/lemon tree groves. Where did you find them? They're awesome.
I will follow you from now - 5/5!

Share this comment

SO AMAZING!! can you please send me the links of those mediterrian buildings? i am looking for them for almost a half year but i can't find them

Share this comment

[quote name='grstudios' timestamp='1343163912']
Wow! I'm impressed!
Never seen so beautiflly arranged farmland... I have the SPAM too, yet I don't have any orange/lemon tree groves. Where did you find them? They're awesome.
I will follow you from now - 5/5!
[/quote]
[url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27456-franku-dutch-farm-fields/"]http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27456-franku-dutch-farm-fields/[/url] FrankU Dutch Farm Fields. But I'm not sure if they will grow with SPAM.

Share this comment

[quote name='Kruness' timestamp='1343299464']
SO AMAZING!! can you please send me the links of those mediterrian buildings? i am looking for them for almost a half year but i can't find them
[/quote]
mickebear/MBEAR on sc4devotion

Share this comment