• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Lessito | All for Progress

Sign in to follow this  
ThomasSimpson

Replies: Update 74

grstudios: Thank you! I use BLS Farm Fields Volume 3, Mickebear's farms and Simgoober's farm fields. I hope that helps.

10000000000000: I'm sure we can find something for you.

Lost Realist: That's great to hear, Cattala was inspired by my visit to Tuscany four years ago and that trip really inspires Lessito especially.

MilitantRadical: Thanks!

Hazani Pratama: Thank you for the kind words.

Kruness: On the BSC LEX, search for a member called Mickebear. If you want Mediterranean buildings, download everything he makes.

Hellken: I don't actually use that set specifically, but practically I do since I use those fields and almost all of those lots he's redesigned. That's a great link, though.

Simul8ter8: Thanks mate!

majorpickhead: Thank you very much.

Skimbo: Thanks. That's what this is aiming to do, just with 100% less Eurozone crisis than the news!

david030400: Thank you very much.

Darna-U01-01.png

Welcome back to southern Lessito, where we're continuing to follow the A25 road eastwards towards the A45 bridge. Today we're in Callavre, as we move ever closer to the end of our journey.

Darna-U04-01.png

Callavre is a small town, like so many others in Lessito, that has hugely benefited from the improved transport connection to the economic heartland of Cattala, in the south west. Callavre now has a fast A-road connection and the South Coast Main Line link to Jennai and the rest of Lessito, speeding the distribution of goods and improving access to Roumeli and the other islands of the Ionian.

Darna-U04-02.png

The A25 broadens as it reaches Callavre, due to the later split into the much-busier A3 and A45 roads, spreading Jennaian traffic to the northern reaches of Cape Almae and our old Lessito haunt, Ontano Island. Due to the easy access to the road from the west of Callavre, lorries and other heavy vehicles often try to navigate the tight roads of the town centre to try and reach the triple carriageway, leading to calls for a bypass or eastern access road.

Darna-U04-03.png

Callavre is served by a small station that also acts as a hotel, competing with many local farms that rent out rooms and converted barns to tourists. Commuter trains from and to Jennai speed through the station throughout the day, although most do now stop at the station since the town has grown substantially in the last 50 years.

Darna-U04-04.png

Here we can see a number of those farms that have sought to ply the tourist industry with their converted barns and outbuildings, some more successfully than others. The busy railway has severely affected the volume of tourists to Callavre in recent years, especially with the higher speed and more frequent trains travelling to Ontano and central Lessito. Some have countered this fall in tourism by inducing businesses to use smaller buildings as offices, benefiting from the very same thing that hurt other income-boosting ventures.

Darna-U04-05.png

Outside of the town and away from the busy roads and railway, Callavre is much more like the rest of Lessito. The commuter enclave is surrounded by sprawling olive trees, vineyards and fields of fruits of various colours and flavours. The streams of the hills weave and flow just the same as anywhere else in rural Cattala... just a tad more managed, mind.

Darna-U04-06.png

Pendella lies to the east of Callavre, further along the A25's edge. It sits in a narrow spit of land between the lorry-lined carriageway and the passenger-laden railway that gets narrower the closer you get to the eastern coastline.

Darna-U04-07.png

To end today, another overview of the village, but on a summers night instead of the day. The station is open, the road's lights are glaring, but the town tries to sleep. Once it could, easily, but now, the times are different. Progress.

Darna-U04-08.png

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Amazing Med. landscapes Thomas! I like it alot :)

Just a tip, you can bulldoze the 1x1 lot the SAM starters are placed on to get rid of the white sidewalk.

Share this comment

I love those sml residential dwellings... Italian country houses are my faveroute style. I would live in your city lol.

Share this comment