• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Preview 2: Ebenezer Square

woodb3kmaster

Thanks for the encouragement, folks!

tease4.jpg

Today's preview is about Ebenezer Square, the heart of Nyhaven's Midtown district. Ebenezer Square is home to many of Nyhaven's theaters and nightclubs, and it has gratuitous advertisements. This is the northern half of the square, between 10th and 12th Streets.

tease5.jpg

Ebenezer Square gets its name from this large stone, which itself is simply called "The Ebenezer" (from the Hebrew for "stone of help"). It has stood here since before Nyhaven was founded and is the reason the square exists at all - Ebenezer Avenue has to split to go around it, resulting in a one-way couplet on the square's long sides. Since the mid-18th century, each Mayor of Nyhaven has had the Ebenezer engraved with his favorite inspirational biblical passage at the end of his mayorship as a gift to the city.

tease6.jpg

There's also plenty of shopping to be done here. Ebenezer Square is home to the flagship of Lower Columbia's other major department store, Visby's, as well as a large urban mall and Nyhaven's largest Toys 'R' Us. (This picture shows the southern half of the square, between 12th and 14th Streets.)

tease7.jpg

At night, Ebenezer Square comes alive. People pack the theaters, and the clubs stay open until the wee hours of the morning.

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

That nightshot should be real it's so amazing. Shame about that purple-coloured building... I guess it's not working with DarkNite?

Share this comment

I love Times Square (I have pictures of it as wallpapers of my desktop computer, netbook and cellular phone) and I love Ebenezer Square!

Share this comment

Those are some really good looking pictures. Great job putting that all together, and I like the backstory, too. Backstories definitely help to breathe some life into these cities of ours, don't you think?

Share this comment

[b]ThomasSimpson[/b]: Thanks, Thomas! Yes, unfortunately, a DarkNite render of that buiding has not been released.
[b]MamaLuigi945[/b]: Thank you very much!
[b]TowerDude[/b]: Thanks, Greg!
[b]TekindusT[/b]: Thank you, my friend! I'm flattered by the comparison with Times Square (which was what I was aiming for).
[b]NMUSpidey[/b]: Thanks! I definitely agree, backstories really add flavor to a city, and I wish more people used them in their CJs. You'll be seeing a lot of backstories in the making in this CJ.
[b]JCmustng11[/b]: Thank you! That's one of my favorite buildings from this preview.
[b]ImanRafidin[/b]: Thanks!
[b]Gurning_Chimp[/b]: Thank you! The Regal Theatre is available [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/16513-regal-theater/"]on the STEX[/url], as is that tower (which is [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18767-one-astor-plaza/"]One Astor Plaza[/url]).
[b]ErwinNegentigNo2[/b]: Thank you very much! The lots for the square itself are my own work.
[b]nas786[/b]: Thanks! That building is The Crown, which is currently unavailable while its creator works on an improved version of it.

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections