• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Preview 1: Royal Square

woodb3kmaster

Welcome to Nyhaven 3.0!

Some of you may be familiar with Nyhaven from the CJ forum, where it's been for the past 5+ years. For most of that time (except at the very beginning), I've shown you pictures of Nyhaven 2.0. While that version of Nyhaven is still playable, it's gotten difficult to squeeze in new construction projects. In addition, I want to try building Nyhaven from its historical beginnings in what could best be called a modified form of natural growth. However, since I'm still waiting to receive one last mod before I begin working on the historic Nyhaven, I thought I'd give all of you a preview of what the modern city will look like. So, without further introduction, here's the first look at Nyhaven 3.0!

tease1.jpg

This first part of the new Nyhaven is Royal Square, the city's civic and transportation heart. Nyhaven Central Station (at the top) is right on the square, as are Old City Hall, the King Brandon II Royal Opera House, and the flagship department store of retailer Maison Blanc. Click on this picture to view it in full resolution (you can also use it as a desktop wallpaper if your screen resolution is 1920x1080).

tease2.jpg

Turning around to face the opera house, I can't help but admire the great job that xannepan did on this BAT's nightlighting.

tease3.jpg

Hmm, today seems to be a less busy day than I thought. Anyway, here's a wider day view to give a bit of context to the square.

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Bla-whyme! Your cities put the rest of us to shame. I can't wait to see the old town if this is what your modern city looks like!

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections