Ionica

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Zones of Ionica - December in Aphrodite II

Welcome back,

Thanks for all the feedback and encouragement.

repliesw.jpg

SimCoug - Thank you.

gman28 - I totally agree with your observation. I've been thinking of relocating the elements of this Zone in a newer better designed one. This Zone was made quite a while ago when I had an obsession with avenues for some reason. There are a lot of older zones that I tend to re-do because they are ugly and follow more novice design principles.

Schulmanator - Glad you enjoyed it, thanks

NurelFayed - Thanks.

frdrcklim - lol, I'm so used to the French Tintin names. At first I was like: "Calculus? Who the heck is that?" In French he is called Tournesol which means Sun Flower.

Updates

Not much to report. Over the weekend I rebuilt the Zone called Aphrodite and I've decided to share the results with you since I am satisfied. I rebuilt this Zone because like a lot the Zones I built in the early days of Ionica it isn't well designed. There were way too many avenues surrounding every neighborhood, it was a very poor use of space. I also took this chance to expand the GLR into this zone and I will probably rebuild the next Zone over, Scorpio, to further expand it.

Aphrodite II - Population 58,386

youhere.jpg

This is the first zone I got to use the JENXPARIS Pont Notre Dame TRAM IN ROAD bridge and boy does it work well and look cool! I'm surprised there aren't more tram-in-road bridges, aw well. I don't have a snow mod, and maybe I will consider using one for an even more wintery look. I'm just hesitant to dl a snow mod because as far as I know they aren't seasonal which would mean that I would have to install and uninstall the plugin every time. I lost the Bank of Moscow building (it disappeared) because the terrain was slightly uneven, too bad, it is such a nice building. I know, it is spring time and most of us want to forget about winter but since most of the pictures were taken while my seasonal trees were in autumn and winter mode I thought I'd try some Photoshop snow effects

aphroditejan27.jpg

aphroditedec11.jpg

aphroditenov7.jpg

aphroditeoct30.jpg

aphroditejan3.jpg

aphroditedec31.jpg

aphroditenov16.jpg

aphroditejan2.jpg

Thanks for visiting and thank you Simtropolis.

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Blizzard! Oh, and a good update too!

Tip: if you go into the little people menu there should be a green button on the left that will turn off the those blue UDI icons. Only if [u]you[/u] want to of course.

P.S. is that you in your replies and profile pics?

Share this comment

Wow. You did a great job with the rocks near the river. What is the name of the tall clock tower?

Share this comment

Nice update! I like playing with snow effects too and love Xannepan's TIR bridge. I'm actually trying to figure out now if I can make a TOR version of it. Snow mods are fun too but they're use is pretty limited because most base textures on lots will still be their regular color--a little snow in the air is always nice though!

Share this comment

Guest hahei

Posted

They've obviously managed to stop climate change by then!

Share this comment

[quote name='NurelFayed' timestamp='1336521440']
wow tram in the bridge.
can i hide the udi icons, its useless, < IMO
[/quote]

nice to get on aown.

Share this comment