Imaginia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Newlandervayne, Outskirts of a Metropolis

MandelSoft

brsreplies.jpg

"Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup. This is a good cj. But you don't need me to tell you that now, do you?"

-- NMUSpidey

No, I dont :P

"Pic 5.18: I love that intersection.

The RHW6C splitter to 2x RHW4+RHW2 is a piece with so much potential yet i seldom see it used."

-- blunder

This is one of those occasions where this piece comes in pretty handy ;)

"Excellent job with some beautiful RHW work that I would never have the patience for."

-- Kevin

Patience is a virtue, my friend ;)

"That's a very diverse city!"

-- vivapanda

"Love the diversity also. Great work with the roads and rail!"

-- JGellock

"Great use of the RHW, as always."

-- SimCoug

"I have to agree with Kevin on this. ;D Excellence!"

-- Simul8ter8

"This city looks cute"

-- katherman111

"Woooooow!!!!Beautiful update!!!!Like your RHWs!Thank you for the links"

-- Gugu3

"Wow. Your cities look so cool especially your highways and transit system. Pic. 518 definitely gives new meaning to the name 'Spaghetti Junction'."

-- Wynresat237

"Now that's what I call a great all rounder! Urban, poor, transport, rural (5-17) and industrial! You really know how to spoil us."

-- ThomasSimpson

"Your updates are so big yet I yearn for more! Can't wait for 33!"

-- durfsurn

"I don't think that I'll be the first to say wow

I love that you still use Maxis landmarks "

-- IL.

Thank you all! ;)

im-u06-thumb.jpg

Newlandervayne is on the outskirts of the Capital District, located west from Hoogerhey. The city has only about 110 000 inhabitants, though it does have quite some skyscrapers. The further west you go, the lower the building densities become and so it's truly a metropolis outskirt.

Fun fact: I completely reconstructed the entire city (AKA demolishing everything, do some terraforming, reconstruct the road networks and build everything up again). This large city tile used to have 350 000 inhabitants. During the reconstruction, this has been decreased to only 130 000 (partially because I didn't want the skyscraper. Part of this city is technically part of Hoogerhey and Hertenkamp.

First, we start at the old city center (Oudesteede) on the central island of the city. It's a mix of wooden and stone buildings from the 18th and 19th century...

im-6.01.jpg

Next up we have the new city center, ruled by towers and offices...

im-6.02.jpg

im-6.03.jpg

But it's not all offices; here we have some ressidences too!

im-6.04.jpg

A part of Sallandia, technically part of Hoogerhey

im-6.05.jpg

im-6.06.jpg

Next up is the Kattenbergh district. It's build on a hilly area, but as I recently applied over at more locations in Imaginia, this district is build in a Terrace Style fashion...

im-6.07.jpg

im-6.08.jpg

Here we have Oudesteede Avenue, which connects Oudesteede with the N25 by a bridge. Here it passes Otterswyk...

im-6.09.jpg

A clever rail junction near Otterswyk...

im-6.10.jpg

Moving west, we have the district of Nieuwwest. With exception of an office area in the east, it's mostly a low-rise residential area

im-6.11.jpg

im-6.12.jpg

Moving on to the north to Klarenberghe, also built in Terrace Style and also mostly low-rise...

im-6.13.jpg

im-6.14.jpg

To the south, on the other side of the river, we have Assenwyck. This district has quite some appartment blocks for the poorer residents...

im-6.15.jpg

im-6.16.jpg

The local soccer stadium...

im-6.17.jpg

... and here a part of Hertenkamp-North...

im-6.18.jpg

And here we have some of my obligatory Road Geekery. We start with the main East-West-corridor of Imaginia, the C75...

im-6.19.jpg

im-6.20.jpg

im-6.21.jpg

im-6.22.jpg

Next up the N25 approaching the Oudehands Bridge...

im-6.23.jpg

Here the N25 crosses the A5 by a roundabout interchange...

im-6.24.jpg

... not far east from Assenwyck Crossing, where the A5 crosses the A16...

im-6.25.jpg

And a final pic of the A5 to conclude this update:

im-6.26.jpg

This is the final SC4D Of Special Interest This Month update. I hope you enjoyed the past few updates. Though I might be updating this CJ in the future, it will be less often than the past few weeks. Until then, see you later!

Best,

Maarten

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

It's strange to see those American tileset high-rises in your heavily European-influenced cities, still have no opinion about it...

One thing is sure, I keep loving this CJ!

Share this comment