• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rooms with a Port View

Sign in to follow this  
blunder

zROF-HEAD-2.jpg?psid=1

Update 29: Rooms with a Port View

Welcome back everyone! First off a huge THANK YOU!!! to all of you for making last weeks entry the #1 on Ben's Top Ten! You guys rock. :thumb:

This week we keep with the residential theme and jump over to the west side of the tile and look at the residential sector there.

(Reminder: PLEASE CLICK IMAGES IF YOU WANT TO VIEW IN FULL RESOLUTION! ~Thanks.)

1. The west side of the port.

61%20weak%20overview.jpg?psid=1

2. The northern part is mostly small apartment buildings

62%20north%20midrise.jpg?psid=1

3. The neighborhood's school, police, fire, and med center.

63%20civics.jpg?psid=1

4. Across the street is that blasted Sorrento (you wouldn't believe what a pain it is to get it to pop)

64%20sorrento.jpg?psid=1

5. Just south is a small neighborhood of more small apartments. Rumor has it the city developers have their eyes on this chunk of land for more high rise projects.

65%20old%20neighborhood.jpg?psid=1

6. More apartments.

66%20along%20park.jpg?psid=1

7. A small strip of trees separates the old from the new.

71%20tree%20strip.jpg?psid=1

8. On the other side of the old apartments are more newer high rise projects next to the port outlet.

72%20metro%20city.jpg?psid=1

9. A cargo ship transits the waterway.

67%20transiting%20canal.jpg?psid=1

10. Back behind the school is a glass jungle.

70%20glass%20maze.jpg?psid=1

11. But the stuff on the edge has a nifty view, albeit of the industrial area.

(while saving the pics for the last update i finally got fed up with the default train skin and went and got a new shiny one)

69%20penthouse%20trainwatching.jpg?psid=1

12. More.

68%20nice%20building.jpg?psid=1

That's all for this update folks. Up next week are the night shots. Thanks for stopping by. :ninja:

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

Great Odin's Raven! 22 comments! Again a big THANKS! for BTT #1 status last week!

@ten trillion, nathan_spcity, simguy23; The avenue splitter is by Bripizza and is somewhere here.

@prayingMANTIS, cloud92, Wraner, bla777, simguy23; Hai, that's Fukushima Diachi, made by BAT master SOMY and on his website here.

also @bla777; nice user pic 8)

@111222333444, woodnava; nah it's perfectly safe. It has built-in quadruple quantum safety redundancies! :P

@NMUSpidey; maybe a bit of foreshadowing. it will be a looooooooooong time before i progress across the map to working over there.

Black stained horizon

Like a dream long forgotten

Sudden remembrance

@Benedict: Much thanks, kind sir!

@ggamus, escilnavia, vivapanda, paulobergonci, simtof, macko123456; Thanks to all of you for your kind words :D

@ee99, testuser1234; as you can see i picked up a train skin. I never made much use of the passenger trains before, preferring GLR, so it's something i didn't really pay attention to.

@bigro; I think that a little bit of PS can make the image look crisper, but using photoshop effects takes away from the content of the image. I think a well layed out pic is better than something with sunflares, rain, swirls, etc...

@spursrule14; thank you, sir! recognition like that is always greatly appreciated. ;)

@kimyusang; I don't know the name offhand, but I think it's by northcountydude. A quick search of 'railyard' should pop it up fairly quickly.

Sign in to follow this  

16 Comments

Recommended Comments

In photo #8, the bridge in the background is marvelous. The height looks a tad short, but the stones covering the approach are dynamite. Plus the seawall just seals everything air tight.
Great Work!!

Share this comment

awwww yeaaaah! that is what i call a city! awesome housing! very nicely mixed with maxis textures and custom stuff

Share this comment