Update 29: Rooms with a Port View
Welcome back everyone! First off a huge THANK YOU!!! to all of you for making last weeks entry the #1 on Ben's Top Ten! You guys rock.
This week we keep with the residential theme and jump over to the west side of the tile and look at the residential sector there.
(Reminder: PLEASE CLICK IMAGES IF YOU WANT TO VIEW IN FULL RESOLUTION! ~Thanks.)
1. The west side of the port.
2. The northern part is mostly small apartment buildings
3. The neighborhood's school, police, fire, and med center.
4. Across the street is that blasted Sorrento (you wouldn't believe what a pain it is to get it to pop)
5. Just south is a small neighborhood of more small apartments. Rumor has it the city developers have their eyes on this chunk of land for more high rise projects.
6. More apartments.
7. A small strip of trees separates the old from the new.
8. On the other side of the old apartments are more newer high rise projects next to the port outlet.
9. A cargo ship transits the waterway.
10. Back behind the school is a glass jungle.
11. But the stuff on the edge has a nifty view, albeit of the industrial area.
(while saving the pics for the last update i finally got fed up with the default train skin and went and got a new shiny one)
That's all for this update folks. Up next week are the night shots. Thanks for stopping by.
Great Odin's Raven! 22 comments! Again a big THANKS! for BTT #1 status last week!
@ten trillion, nathan_spcity, simguy23; The avenue splitter is by Bripizza and is somewhere here.
@prayingMANTIS, cloud92, Wraner, bla777, simguy23; Hai, that's Fukushima Diachi, made by BAT master SOMY and on his website here.
also @bla777; nice user pic
@111222333444, woodnava; nah it's perfectly safe. It has built-in quadruple quantum safety redundancies!
@NMUSpidey; maybe a bit of foreshadowing. it will be a looooooooooong time before i progress across the map to working over there.
Black stained horizon
Like a dream long forgotten
@Benedict: Much thanks, kind sir!
@ggamus, escilnavia, vivapanda, paulobergonci, simtof, macko123456; Thanks to all of you for your kind words
@ee99, testuser1234; as you can see i picked up a train skin. I never made much use of the passenger trains before, preferring GLR, so it's something i didn't really pay attention to.
@bigro; I think that a little bit of PS can make the image look crisper, but using photoshop effects takes away from the content of the image. I think a well layed out pic is better than something with sunflares, rain, swirls, etc...
@spursrule14; thank you, sir! recognition like that is always greatly appreciated.
@kimyusang; I don't know the name offhand, but I think it's by northcountydude. A quick search of 'railyard' should pop it up fairly quickly.