• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Jasmin / Industrial District

Paulobergonci

Replies

Schulmanator: This is certainly a nice area. And, BTW, I like your current avatar. :ducky:

A: Thanks! The church and the park makes that area nicer :P NYANNYAN

Towerdude: Esto es la cuidad de New Buckingham, esta so New York ? :O

A: Si y No, esto es solo el mapa de New York.

7891122562059523: It is really realistic, considering that you tried to mix poor with rich, this is very good. And also, your city looks an american one! Indeed! :):thumb:

A: Thanks! It's so good to read comments like yours XD

bwong: Nice stuff!

Just wondering, how did you get the straight edges? Did you really take the time to go between God Mode and Mayor Mode to make it?

A: Thanks, and yes, i terraformed all the coast line.

ggamgus: The city is very nice. Um, I'm not criticizing and I'm not implying anything behind this question: On the fifth picture from the top, did you mean to have all those Maxis buildings? I mean, I really enjoyed this entry, but honestly, I didn't really like that repetition. Ah... just a little detail, there... 5/5. :D

A: No, it was not intentional, my city is all growable, not plopable, so i can't choose the buildings, but as i said before, i'm using maxis buildings because thats the style i wanted, New York and Chicago.

escilnavia: Nice man, it reminds me of a metro German city. Good job. :thumb:

A: Cool, what city is it?

simtalay: nice one bro

A: thanks bro :P

421: What a beautiful city! I love it! Somehow, the first picture reminds me about New York! :P

A: thank you, yes it does, the map is of NYC.

Jasmin / Industrial District

Well well, Jasmin, a commercial neighbourhood, was before, in the 19th century, an industrial district. How the area around it was developing with houses and the pollution was very high, they decided to destroy it in the 20's, and they built a new and modern neighbourhood.

1. Part of the area before.

ndfaA.jpg

2. And today. Jasmin is served by one subway station, Red Line.

4CUnW.jpg

3. The first skyscraper to be built here, in the 30's. It is the highest point of the south part of the city.

F8cgz.jpg

dCKmt.jpg

5. The NB Transports Company Office.

oZ7bS.jpg

6. Verizon Building, a telephon company.

DuBew.jpg

7. The ExpressWay, it was built in the 70's, conecting to the northern espressway, you can go from north to south, and vice versa.

BLXJV.jpg

8UUGV.jpg

VsJBm.jpg

10. HSBC Building before the construction of the ExpressWay, with parks and trees.

lOrYx.jpg

11. And today.

QfTEF.jpg

That's all folks, please comment if you liked ;)

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Not a busy traffic day on the highway huh? Great work on the Downtown and transit systems! I think the diagonal sewalls are a bit problematic though. I think that Church in the first pic is also oddly placed...

Share this comment

I was texting while simtropolis loaded and freaking dropped my phone when i saw your preview. I have yet to send that text. LOL. this is good. this is VERY good.

Share this comment