Sign in to follow this  
T-Dot Boy

Show us your home City's skyline

423 posts in this topic Last Reply

TAMUcampus.jpg

yeah, most of my towns skyline is Texas A&M university. We have a 13 story hotel building in the middle of town, though, and two 10 story towers(a condo development and another hotel) are going up about a half mile down the road from those, so i guess we are sort of developing a skyline of sorts. my town has only about 70,000 ppl though...

course, we arent too far from houston:

city%20skyline%20Houston%20night.JPG

Originally posted by: ILL Tonkso

Originally posted by: Syphax

This is Manchester's skyline, not vey big but it is constantly changing.

manchester%20skyline.gifquote>

Is this Manchester UK??quote>

Yes Manchester, UK. It's not taken from a good angle, it's missing the new tower block being built.

You can tell where my skyline will be! But I cant get enough of it!

image023.jpg

So, this is the Liverpool Skyline. All the known buildings are there, with the Three Graces (Royal Liver, Cunard and Port of Liverpool). However, we have a developing skyline with modern glass structures being constructed all the time! The city is on the up and in more ways than one!..

Image018.jpg

That skyline at night!

image012.jpg

Looking into the City from the Royal Iliver. The nail-like structrue is the home of Radio CityRadio City. The Funnel like structure is the Catholic Cathedral.

image015.jpg

Looking over to the anglican

image003.jpg

Cranes for Unity Apartments

image009.jpg

And that development now...

image016.jpg

Residential Dockside living

shawst7.jpg

And that skyline from Shaw Street which is around two miles away from the Pier Head (or the Three Graces to those woollybacks!)

image049.jpg

Finally, I thought that a suburban syyline would be appropriate so here is a shot looking towards Everton FC (That blue stadium in the background)

Well, it's clear to see that Liverpool is building up and after years of decline, it's great too see hi-rise developments like these! I was going to upload some Mancunian Skyscapes but the photos wouldn't show.I have left links to great websites to see more of both Manchester and Liverpool...

Liverpool Images

Manchester photos

Well thats the North West's two principle cities and their skylines! I hope that you have enjoyed this selection!

I live in Uppsala, Sweden which doesn't have much of a skyline seeing as how all buildings are limited to six stories in the city centre so as not to overshadow the Cathedral built in the 1270's. It's been reconstructed and refurbished numerous times partly due to one major citywide fire in 1702. So here's the one structure that dominates Uppsala's skyline. (Pictures were taken by me in the winter and in the spring of 2005 from the west and the north respectively.

(Edit: I don't get the image-posting option in my reply window, anyone know why? PM please. Meanwhile I'm posting them as attached files)

post-164707-12985058988152_thumb.jpg

post-164707-12985058990708_thumb.jpg

London, Ontario, Canada: "The Forest City"  Pop: 500,000

Medium-sized city smacked right in the middle between Detroit and Toronto.  Highway 401 and 402 to the south of the city, but no urban expressway/ringroad: Traffic a nightmare because of poor transportation.26.gif

http://www.liversidge.ca/100_0034.JPG

The image

Montreal, Canada

Montreal.jpg

Population 3.6M in metropolitan area

Buildings cannot excede 205 m (673 feet) due to limit imposed by the city. So the tallest skyscraper has a respectable 51 stories.

Some pictures of Santiago de Chile. I couldn't find a decent picture of the city's skyline, so here are some pics of around the city:

post-79080-12985059130311_thumb.jpg

post-79080-1298505913269_thumb.gif

post-79080-12985059134505_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by: Saint Andrew

Montreal, Canada

Montreal.jpg

Population 3.6M in metropolitan area

Buildings cannot excede 205 m (673 feet) due to limit imposed by the city. So the tallest skyscraper has a respectable 51 stories.quote>

That's sad that you people have a limit! In that picture, the clouds looks like mountians!! 10.gif