Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dev

Weather...strange...strange...strange.

37 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Ok...so Alabama usually has some weird weather...but wow lol...today it was 70 degrees...just the other day we had a nice dusting of snow! There was like a 50 degree temperature rise in a couple of days...I've heard that Alabama isn't the only place with strange weather...

Has it been weird for anyone else?

Well we dropped a good 30C here in just a few days... from hovering around 0, no snow, ice melting to -30 or some disgusting temperature like that today. I see now that it was you who took our heat!45.gif

well, im not from the US, but it was raining ice cubes here. It only lasted a few minutes. Strange because i live in a tropical country that is 92 degrees everyday.41.gif

I also heard on news that the glaciers in Northpole are suddenly melting really fast.

Date: 2/17/2006 1:15:44 AM Author: DuskTrooper Last week, we hit the mid 20s. Yesterday, we hit 82 on Saturday, we will be in the 40s again. Weird stuff, indeed.
    quote>

Exactly... there has been truly weird weather down here. Yesterday it was 80... tomorrow they say we may have sleet, ice, and possibly snow.

2 days ago it was 70.... yesterday it was 30 with sleet and ice all day (school got cancelled), and today its supposed to be even colder with more period of sleet and snow. This weekend it will be back into the 40's and 50's.

It hit the ungodly temperature of -50 C today. That's -58 F. It doesn't matter what the temperature was before, that's just bad news.

-35 in alberta thursday.
    we hit -30 on the warmest winter since the 1930s, weird
    the cold snap killed off winter wheat crops that had sprouted during the record mild this year
    also the sudden change to frigid temps stressed the trees that were budding in the warmth this winter

i agree vidioman
    The spring will suck
    With a cold snowy spring the Extreme heat(and likley humidity) in summer wil be unbearable
    Notes  summer 2006 june-sept
    Temp: 5-10C above normal
    Rainfall: high(250-300mm)
    Hazards: Tornadoes(450), severe storms(thousands), flash floods(dozens), heat waves, WEST NILE VIRUS
    Ambent moisture. very high
    Biggest risk:WEST NILE VIRUS
    This summer wil be hot and likely humid in western canada. Conitions will be suitable for West Nile carring mosqitoes and the potential for cases in B.C
    Also an increace in tornadic activity and other severe summer weather potentaily as bad as 1987(black friday).

So Lap on the sunscreen and bug spray this summer and keep an eye to the sky...for green and black clouds.

Strange weather here too, last week it was in the 50's. Yesterday we had a major thunderstorm-when it was 34 degrees.41.gif Also, we haven't had any significant snow fall since early January.

Today, it's back to normal; high of 25 low around 10. But it's very windy making tonight's wind-chill around -8 degrees.

Well, I just gotta say, I love Florida.

Where I live, two days ago, the low was 25. The high that day was 70.

Today, it was at least 80, maybe even 85.

When I turn on WGN and see that Chicago has a HIGH of 27, I kiss the ground.

Nothing like having to switch from heat to air conditioning in 24 hours!

On the other hand, the hurricane season is expected to start slowly this year, with colder than expected ocean temperatures. That's a relief since I've been affected by 10+ hurricanes in two years (if you're wondering where all of FEMA's money went, it was to Florida). There is no more beach, but I hated it anyway.

Well lets see.

London Ontario Canada:

Yesterday: Freezing rain, -7 degrees, in the morning.
                    Thunder storms, 5 degrees in hte afternoon.
                    Thunder storms, heavy rain, 11 degrees at midnight.
    Today           Freezing rain, -15 degrees in the morning.
                         Snow, -6 in the afternoon and extremely windy.

Wierd indeed.

While it was 11 degrees celcius here, just 185 km away in Toronto, it was 1.

Wierd? How about 4 inches of snow in a half hour? Where I am, we got 3 inches in a half hour, bluish white lightning and loud Thunder. The Snow looked pink during the Thunder and Lightning, and lightning looked like a transformer blew out. It was very bizarre, and only the third time in my life I have experienced Thunder Snow, but I'm only 21... 1.gif

I agree that this has been some strange weather.  We've been having the warmest winter (consistant 40s) in recent history up here (upper midwest) and set a record for not having a single day in January below 0F, and suddenly in the past few days have just been hammered with the cold, it didn't get above 0 today and the wind chill is brutal
    (-30) and yet there is barely any snow on the ground.

Well, it's been a bit strange 'round here in California lately, although when the weather comes, it's usually fairly persistant. But anyway, earlier today, it was sunny and everything. Musta dropped down to 30

If we're getting more storms this summer, maybe the Lakehead will once again live up to it's name!

Ironic, since a place called Thunder Bay hasn't had a decent thunderstorm in years!18.gif

I don't mean to point, but...

HA.

It was 85 today, here in Florida. It was around 0 in Chicago. Same in New England.

So, while most of you seem to be freezing your butts off, I'm turning the air conditioning on high, and opening the sunroof.

That's right. I waste air conditioning.

But I don't care, because it's 85. And your freezing your butt off.

Don't mind me; it's Florida. I love it.

We've had strange weather here in south-central Michigan too. Wednesday the temperature reached 56 degrees Fahrenheit, Thursday we had thunderstorms, Friday we had snow, and today's high was 12 degrees, with an overnight low of -5 expected. I just wish it would make up its mind! I liked December, where we had a lot of snow, more than I'm used to, as this is my first winter here. We've been having alternating warm and cold waves, and the precipitation has always seemed to come during the warm spells, so we get rain instead of snow. It's kind of frustrating.

Hmm....well, Friday morn was a record 61 F (~18 C), and six hours later, after winds as high as 81 MPH that resulted in three deaths, we were down to 19 F (-5 C), and this afternoon was about -15 C for a low. And many of the locals are still without power, so you can imagine the havoc it's creating.

Strange weather in Ohio too, But we're used to rather bizare weather so, it's not much of a big deal,just hard to plan by 18.gif.On Thursday it was in the 40's that day and the 60's that night then in the late morning the tempeture plumited to the 30's then droped to the 20's friday night. Then it droped to the lower 20's for most of Saturday and last night it was at the coldest 9.3F(we have a tempeture gauge that records the lowest and the highest)...right now it's about 17F and rising thankfully.48.gif

Well the weather has been crazy here as well, while coastal Northern Germany hardly got any snow last month, Southern Germany nearly suffocated under these snow masses.

At the moment it's very calm weather for February with a mix of sunshine and sea fog in the evening, and temperatures around 5

I made this map of the predicted summer 2006 departure from normal temps. by autumn the reds should cover the entire contenent.
    The bermuda high will form much farther west than normal maybe as far as the ohio valley.
    the map is acurate but the scale isn't. 
    <ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files//nameirica.JPG align=baseline>